Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Track Cleaner - Mute Vocal
Suggestion for a new feature: Now that VDJ can separate stems, it would be nice to have a "mute vocal" on the TRACK CLEANER.
In my mind this would work like turn the "vocal" knob to 0% and then turn back to 50%. pretty simple but great to "censor" that dirty word on tracks that you HAS to play it but the audience can not hear the "dirty" part!

Something like this

geposted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 10:31 am
It's not a bad idea, but I don't think it would be possible, due to the way the stems work and due to the way the track cleaner works.

geposted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 11:00 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
An action POI can mute vocal to do it

geposted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 11:17 am
What needs to be considered is that:
1) the stems engine needs to be on
2) the track needs to be stem-analysed

geposted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 11:21 am
I think the idea is great, but as has been pointed out that would require loading the stem whenever you load the track editor.

I think POI is the way to go with this one.
An action of “stem_pad ‘vocal’” on a POI before the lyric to remove and the same again after.

geposted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 11:31 am
stem_mute 'vocal'?

geposted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 11:42 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
mute_stem 'vocal' !

geposted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 12:18 pm
mute_stem 'vocal'

Other way around ;)

Yes stem_pad 'vocal' and mute_stem 'vocal' do the same thing.

geposted Thu 25 Jun 20 @ 12:18 pm
To all who are suggesting to use the mute vocal stem feature, how can that be implemented in the track cleaner?

geposted Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 12:54 pm
brunoliv wrote :
Suggestion for a new feature: Now that VDJ can separate stems, it would be nice to have a "mute vocal" on the TRACK CLEANER.
In my mind this would work like turn the "vocal" knob to 0% and then turn back to 50%. pretty simple but great to "censor" that dirty word on tracks that you HAS to play it but the audience can not hear the "dirty" part!

Something like this

I absolutely luv this idea and how they add it in a future update!!!

geposted Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 12:55 pm
See post 5 from Dan.

geposted Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 5:23 pm