Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Odd mic routing issue with Reloop Elite

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

So this is an interesting one. Been doing my Shoutcast show which needs a USB-based mic input to be able to route properly. For months I have been doing this successfully with the NS7iii and the Tascam US32 (although I have also used the Soundcraft UI24R as well).

But I also have a Reloop Elite and I have been having issues with that. I can add the mic to my audio profile, and I can turn on my mic in the UI, and I can see the levels of the mic in the UI. However, it does not broadcast out to Shoutcast nor record locally. I can create a workaround by adding Master to the audio settings, but in doing so the mic is routed to Channel 1 only, and it also creates an imbalance with the mixer where Channel 1 gain is much hotter, and also in my headphone cue my Channel 2 bleeds over quite a bit in split cue. If I remove the Master in my audio settings, that imbalance is gone.

I am at a loss on how to get this mic to work. I tried the on-board mic input on the Elite but that does not work.

geposted Sat 08 Aug 20 @ 11:34 pm
Anyone?

geposted Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 3:51 am
Audio config screenshots please, of the working setup (NS7 III and tascam US32) and also the non-working setup with the Reloop Elite.

geposted Sat 15 Aug 20 @ 7:04 am
Sorry I never get alerts on when the thread is updated.

So this is the default config. The problem is with this setup, the mic never routes properly to the output to the speaker. If I add a master to the config the following happens:

Output 1&2. Mic is controlled by channel 1. The channel is overly-gained (by like 50%). There is bleed-over on the headphone cue.
Output 3&4. Mic is controlled by channel 2.
Output 5&6, 7&8, 9&10. Each instance the mic comes through without fader control (fine) but then has an odd delay with the audio routing to create and echo in the master.

All of this exists in the recordings and if I broadcast out in shoutcast.

geposted Mon 17 Aug 20 @ 9:37 pm
is the mic set to 48k too?

if you want email notifications click the bell as see in the image below its at the top left of a thread

geposted Mon 17 Aug 20 @ 11:35 pm
Yes mic is set to 48khz. I didn't apply the setting in that shot so it was blank.

Yeah I've subscribed to threads but never even hits my spam folder.

geposted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 12:07 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You are telling VDJ to record/broadcast whatever comes out of the Elite input channels 5,6 and apparently it wont include the mic you connected to a different sound card. Why dont you simply connect a mic to Elite and just keep the default audio setup of Elite ?

geposted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 5:38 am
Because Shoutcast being broadcast from VDJ never picks up an internal (to the mixer) microphone.

Trust me I wish it were that simple. 😢

geposted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 11:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 2:15 pm
Yes my REC USB is set for REC OUT on the Elite.

geposted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 2:21 pm
Is the rec out feeding Shoutcast?

geposted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 2:23 pm
Only when master is defined. But the problem is when I add master to the config then wonky things happen (as stated above on which master out options I can choose).

geposted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 2:32 pm
I still don't get why you need to add master to the config. If you have a mic plugged into the Elite, and the rec out of the Elite feeding the broadcast, the mic should be broadcast.

geposted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 2:41 pm
For my shoutcast or recording to capture audio master has to be defined. Not sure why.

I'm in the middle of an appointment. After I will take a video of it all.

As a workaround, which also allows me to use the internal mic, I can route the internal mic to channels 5&6. I still need a master which right now I am routed to the Tascam just so there is an audio route.

I'll go in depth in a few.

geposted Tue 18 Aug 20 @ 3:36 pm
Update on my end. So I was able to clear out my settings and start from scratch, and I can utilize my internal Elite mic for Shoutcasts and recordings. No master needed. I have no idea why it wouldn't let me do this without applying a master out in VDJ before. But starting it from scratch all is good now.

My mic is mapped to channels 5&6 with no issues at all. :)

geposted Wed 19 Aug 20 @ 8:29 pm
Well done!

geposted Wed 19 Aug 20 @ 10:14 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)