Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Broadcasting Difficulties

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I broadcast short audio/video sets to Facebook and longer ones to Mixcloud Live. I have used both extensively and love that VDJ makes it so easy.

Over the weekend, since the last beta upgrade to VDJ2021 64 bit version, I have been unable to broadcast to either service.

For example, I just tried with Facebook and about 5 mins into to the set, FB lost my connection/signal. Right after that I tried Mixcloud Live, and Mixcloud was getting no signal or connection. All I got was the Mixcloud Live animated logo.

I just checked my internet connection: I'm getting 200 mbps download and about 20 upload.

Any ideas are welcome. I don't think it's VDJ but I cannot rule it out. Thanks in advance.

geposted Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 10:58 pm
zzzonedotnet wrote :
I broadcast short audio/video sets to Facebook and longer ones to Mixcloud Live. I have used both extensively and love that VDJ makes it so easy.

Over the weekend, since the last beta upgrade to VDJ2021 64 bit version, I have been unable to broadcast to either service.

For example, I just tried with Facebook and about 5 mins into to the set, FB lost my connection/signal. Right after that I tried Mixcloud Live, and Mixcloud was getting no signal or connection. All I got was the Mixcloud Live animated logo.

I just checked my internet connection: I'm getting 200 mbps download and about 20 upload.

Any ideas are welcome. I don't think it's VDJ but I cannot rule it out. Thanks in advance.

Windows 10 Pro latest updates
32 GB RAM
i7 processor
Webroot antivirus
2 TB SSD
VDJ 8.5-64 b6059

geposted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 12:29 am
So I am guessing from the absence of responses that it's not a VDJ thing, but...

What could it be? I'm getting some good upload and download speeds and I haven't changed any security software, drivers, etc.

Theories?

I tried Mixcloud Live yesterday and it seemed to work during a test run.

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 11:56 pm
I believe I found a solution to my broadcasting difficulties.

1. I upgraded my cable internet: however, I still had the same intermittent broadcast issues
2. I got a new cable modem and router from the internet service provider: no better
3. I unboxed another new router that I had: no better
4. I got the cable company to come out and work on my connection after I got some clearly abnormal readings on speedtests: that seemed to help, but only for a couple of weeks when the problem recurred, worse than ever with clearly abnormal speedtests (particularly abnormal upload speeds which were nearly zero)
5. I got the cable company to come out again after I called and had them analyze the modem traffic which was clearly abnormal. I don't know the full extent of what they did but they replaced the cable into the house and the splitter for the cable which was inside the house.

That seems to have done the trick: fingers crossed.

I have done some limited testing on the broadcast with good results.

So, I can say with at least SOME confidence that if broadcast problems are present, it is most likely an issue with your internet connection, and your internet service provider may have to help you find a solution, which in my case was pretty extreme (two truck rolls, and about 5-6 hours of work) and expensive (for the ISP).

Good luck. Stay safe.

geposted Wed 07 Oct 20 @ 10:55 am
I spoke too soon.

After several days of tests that looked good, last PM my upload speed was essentially zero.

Tech support thought it might be my cable modem so I replaced it at a local cable equipment center. However, upload speed was still very low.

I have requested a THIRD truck roll for tomorrow.

geposted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 8:17 am
Third and fourth truck rolls from cable now.

Third: The tech told me there was line noise that was shutting down my Docis 3.1 speeds. The noise could be originating anywhere in the neighborhood.

Fourth: The tech changed out my modem for a Docis 3.0 modem and the problem seems to have resolved. He also recommended rewiring my internet connection to the house as he isolated the noise to this part of the connection. However, I am doubtful that a bunch of wires in the attic would just go bad and intermittently cause noise.

However, the Docis 3.0 modem works well and i have had no speed problems since it was installed. Broadcasting works fine.

My conclusion about broadcasting problems is that almost always, the problem is due to an internet connection problem.

geposted Sun 18 Oct 20 @ 9:11 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)