Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: More accurate VU meters
The VU Meters should be numbered to know where the zero dB is and see the headroom and clip in different colors, for example green, yellow and red.

geposted Mon 17 Aug 20 @ 6:09 pm
+1

and:
The meter should be configurable. At many controllers its usual: 1 LED = 3dB

geposted Mon 17 Aug 20 @ 7:41 pm
ymed85PRO InfinityMember since 2020
+1

geposted Sat 29 Aug 20 @ 10:19 am
Grok32Home userMember since 2019
+1

geposted Sat 29 Aug 20 @ 12:43 pm
Quote :
The VU Meters should be numbered to know where the zero dB is and see the headroom and clip in different colors, for example green, yellow and red.

For me, I've added some markes into the skin. And ive changed the colours at the image file of the skin.
But, the scale seems to be hard coded, i cannot change it. It seems to be between 0db and -24dB. -72dB would be fine.

geposted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 12:47 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
there is a possibility to change colors :
vu_meters are actually hardcoded in bitmap linear visuals
they can be vectorized using leds and vumeter visual
by the way the led will be set fully instead of partially

<define class="vumeter" type="vumeter" orientation="vertical" direction="up" width="11" height="201" granularity="41">
<led x="+0" y="+5*40+2" width="11" height="5"><off color="vumeterdarker" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/><on color="deckcolor" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/></led>
<led x="+0" y="+5*39+2" width="11" height="5"><off color="vumeterdarker" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/><on color="deckcolor" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/></led>
<led x="+0" y="+5*01+2" width="11" height="5"><off color="vumeterlighter" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/><on color="vumeterhigh" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/></led>
<led x="+0" y="+5*00+2" width="11" height="5"><off color="vumeterlighter" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/><on color="vumeterhigh" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/></led>
</define>

<visual class="vumeter" deck="left" source="get_vu_meter_left" x="+0" y="+0"/>

every led on and off can have its owv color

geposted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 2:12 pm

Great Job. That's what I'm talking about.

geposted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 8:58 pm
Nicotux wrote :
there is a possibility to change colors :
vu_meters are actually hardcoded in bitmap linear visuals
they can be vectorized using leds and vumeter visual
by the way the led will be set fully instead of partially

<define class="vumeter" type="vumeter" orientation="vertical" direction="up" width="11" height="201" granularity="41">
<led x="+0" y="+5*40+2" width="11" height="5"><off color="vumeterdarker" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/><on color="deckcolor" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/></led>
<led x="+0" y="+5*39+2" width="11" height="5"><off color="vumeterdarker" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/><on color="deckcolor" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/></led>
<led x="+0" y="+5*01+2" width="11" height="5"><off color="vumeterlighter" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/><on color="vumeterhigh" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/></led>
<led x="+0" y="+5*00+2" width="11" height="5"><off color="vumeterlighter" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/><on color="vumeterhigh" border="black" border_size="1" radius="1"/></led>
</define>

<visual class="vumeter" deck="left" source="get_vu_meter_left" x="+0" y="+0"/>

every led on and off can have its owv color

TKS, I'll try...

geposted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 9:01 pm
HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
+1
On my DDJ-RX are the VU meters, auto gain is turned on, pointless as just 1 LED is doing something.
Would love to have them working correct to a) validate the aktual gain and b) having the optical help on which channel is something running on the controller itself

geposted Mon 19 Oct 20 @ 2:51 pm
+1

geposted Sun 02 Jan 22 @ 7:04 am