Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mapping issues with the Traktor Kontrol S2 MKII
There are some things I am not good at, one of them is mapping. So here I am asking for help. I am using Virtual DJ 2021 with a Traktor 2 MkII. I have 2 issues that I cannot sort. One is the pitch is backwards, when you speed it up on the Controller it slows down in the software. Secondly when I touch jog wheel’s top plate, it puts the system in Cue for the headphones on that channel, I am trying to turn that function off.
Any help or direction is appreciated.

geposted Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 2:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Live Webcast wrote :
the pitch is backwards

So, moving Pitch fader towards up, it speeds up track ? This can be reverted in definition, but wonder if this happens to anyone else (?), or your controller is set so from Controller Editor

In the meantime you can assign the PITCH key as ..
param_invert & pitch

Live Webcast wrote :
when I touch jog wheel’s top plate, it puts the system in Cue for the headphones on that channel, I am trying to turn that function off..

From VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab, search for autoHeadphones and set it to No or on Load

geposted Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 5:16 am
That worked a charm, thank you djdad.

geposted Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 9:12 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
"param_invert & pitch" is a partial solution... that is missing an important part
try with an encoder (or a custom slider with scrolling) relative values are not handled correctly

geposted Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 9:57 am
Nicotux wrote :
"param_invert & pitch" is a partial solution... that is missing an important part
try with an encoder (or a custom slider with scrolling) relative values are not handled correctly

No, the pitch slider on S2 MK2 does not send relative values. It's a regular HID slider.
The problem with S2 MK2 is that SOME units have the slider increase values downwards and others upward.
We don't know the reason behind that.
Most likely the board design changed mid production of the unit, and while Traktor has a way to identify that (e.g from serial number) we don't.
Therefore when a user has his pitch slider working inverted the solution is to invert the reported value before assigning an action to it.

We DO have users that their pitch slider works as it should with current definition and mapping (and so does our test unit)

geposted Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 8:48 pm
I’m having issues with using my traktor s4mk2 with virtual dj. I purchased pro subscription to be able to use but it’s not recognizing it. I use this controller to dj normally on traktor pro so im confused why it’s not recognizing. Can anyone help? I only need to use VDJ for karaoke but also dj in between. I’m very disappointed in selection btw with subscription, a bunch of country and lame songs

geposted Fri 17 Sep 21 @ 12:55 am