Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Prelisten

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello. Is there any way to change volume of prelisten track before it goes to master? (like samples, there is parameter "sampler volume", but i cant find kind of "prelisten volume").

geposted Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 8:59 pm
gegenava wrote :
Hello. Is there any way to change volume of prelisten track before it goes to master? (like samples, there is parameter "sampler volume", but i cant find kind of "prelisten volume").

Can use the headphone volume knob in the "Master" section of the mixer in the skin
Or the same knob on your controller ;-)

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 12:36 am
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
gegenava wrote :

Can use the headphone volume knob in the "Master" section of the mixer in the skin
Or the same knob on your controller ;-)

Headphone volume knob changes volume only for headphones, but i need extra volume knob, like "sampler volume" for samples, so i can change volume of prelisten track before it goes to master with full loud

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 7:48 am
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you have to go through the headphone volume in preview

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 9:31 am
LIMOL wrote :
you have to go through the headphone volume in preview

But it doesn't help me at all with loud in master section, i just need extra knob, like for sampler volume (i can change sampler volume in headphones with headphones level knob, and i also can change volume of sample with sampler volume knob, that affects volume in master section)

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 12:56 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Preview ... going to master ....oO
Preview is specially here for sound not to go to master ^^

after what you can "theorically" preview to a dedicated deck using prelisten_output
but this is not affected by deck level or playing track or pfl, and still goes on output to headphone (without any volume other control but headphone_volume & headphone gain)

but i agree, no level for preview and sampler->headphone make thing weird but because they are full level in headphone
can't figureout what master have to do with that in any way

unless you specifically mapped prelisten to same audio output as master in audio config, prelisten will never go to master

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 1:37 pm
Nicotux wrote :
Preview ... going to master ....oO
but i agree, no level for preview and sampler->headphone make thing weird but because they are full level in headphone
can't figureout what master have to do with that in any way

unless you specifically mapped prelisten to same audio output as master in audio config, prelisten will never go to master

There IS level for sampler (sampler volume) so i can send it to master with lvl i need, but seems no same thing for prelisten unfortunately. And yea, i've changed audio output settings to send prelisten to master. But without premaster volume control it does't make sense. I understand that prelisten using for prelisten track in headphones, but sometimes it could be usefull for me to send it to master, but not without separate volume knob of course. Just hope maybe that option will be added in the next version of VDJ

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 3:09 pm
Sample volume DOES NOT apply to headphone (i.e. in headphone only mode)
as I sometime send headphone to booth : yes both sampler AND prelisten are full level !!

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 3:17 pm
Nicotux wrote :
Sample volume DOES NOT apply to headphone (i.e. in headphone only mode)
as I sometime send headphone to booth : yes both sampler AND prelisten are full level !!

Yea, but sampler volume apply to MASTER, that's what i need for prelisten aswell

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 3:28 pm
There's a prelisten_output verb which is supposed to allow you to route the signal to a deck, but I can't get it to work (example given has no effect).

In theory, send it to a deck that you're not using, and use the deck volume.

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 3:47 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
if you really want to have the volume, why not put a standard 3 voice mixer, a sound card with at least 3 audio outputs and connect them all to the standard mixer.
then in the audio config of vdj select output preview and like that you will be able to have the independent volume

I work like that with the table set Denon-X500 and my HC4500 controller

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 3:53 pm
lol 48.0k 22ms 2o ..... chan 5/6 ^^

preview ... 48.0k 22ms 8o ..... chan 5/6 OK but not related
sampler ... 48.0 22ms 8o ... chan 7/8 OK but not related
(this said HW would have to match, mine is USB 2o and internal 2o)
only OS mixer would be usable or external hardware /software

could also re route everything through vb_audio or /software ^^
why not use VDJ deckfxsend deckfxreturn with many virtualcables and/or physical cables to remap everything

this is not as simple as a knob for things sending sound. sampler_level already exist and would apply; prelisten is missing one

as groovindj said "prelisten_output" verb is "SUPPOSED" to allow to route the signal to a deck
(and it somehow does as far as i tested...:
it sends the full prelisten output (before headphones level and mixes) to the headphones output of the specified deck (not affecting deck output playing track...)
post pfl switch, post headphones mix and after headphones crossfader
only headphone gain and volume are working (exactly the same as if no deck specified, main pfl disabled). The same apply to sampler prelisten (sample themselves being send through all accurate samples volumes)
not really usefull

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 4:36 pm
groovindj wrote :
There's a prelisten_output verb which is supposed to allow you to route the signal to a deck, but I can't get it to work (example given has no effect).

In theory, send it to a deck that you're not using, and use the deck volume.

Yea, i've tried it and it doesn't work for me too. And since i have only 2 channel controller, and both often busy, 1 extra route to play fast some songs, sounds etc. would be great.

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 7:45 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
prelisten_output should work as long as you have an audio config with deck outputs.
In a master/headphone configuration the prelisten output will indeed always go to the headphones, and in a master-only configuration directly to the master.

geposted Thu 17 Sep 20 @ 7:54 pm
And sampler to headphones level exists, it is only hard to find and would have to be used blindly if it was working :
sampler_pfl : can be used as a slider or with percent ....

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/217523/General_Discussion/sampler_pfl_action_added.html

does not work anymore and as a query it only returns a boolean (no way to display/get the level)
actually option "samplerHeadphones" yes make full level, "samplerHeadphones" no makes it audible only while .... moving the slider mapped with "sampler_pfl"

maybe it was replaced with undocumented sampler_velocity which applies to both headphones & master
but sampler_volume_master apply AFTER sampler_velocity :\

geposted Sun 20 Sep 20 @ 2:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)