Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ only sends OS2L data after manually using an os2l script once
Title says it all. VirtualDJ for example won't send any "beat" events until i manually set off one
os2l_button "something"

Can i fix this by sending a "feedback" event to VDJ that 'activates' it somehow? Can this be fixed?

geposted Sat 03 Oct 20 @ 2:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab, search for os2l setting and try to set it to Yes instead of Auto

geposted Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 3:27 am
djdad wrote :
In VirtualDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab, search for os2l setting and try to set it to Yes instead of Auto

I've already had it set to Yes, but i also checked and tried again. The issue persists.

geposted Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 12:43 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
This is not an issue, it is security
Because OS2L is not needed/used in 99.9% of the config the functionality only activate when needed

free to send a command by mappingit to ONSONGLOAD or ONINIT on keyboard map
i.e. ONINIT : os2l_button 'blackout' off

note this may fail, because of the actual "bug" with IP (like with broadcast, no leading zero, no name resolution anymore) : localhost or 127.000.000.001 can't be used
need 127.0.0.1, bus working the same : 127.0.0.1:9996 working but not 127.0.0.1:09996

and avoid network & broadcast IP, it hangs VDJ for long time (xxx.xxx.xxx.255 / xxx.xxx.xxx.0)

geposted Sun 04 Oct 20 @ 1:50 pm
Nicotux wrote :
This is not an issue, it is security
Because OS2L is not needed/used in 99.9% of the config the functionality only activate when needed

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. There's a toggle in the settings, i switch it to Yes, so i definitely want it to connect. The way it currently works is arbitrary and i don't see any security concerns with sharing your instance's OS2L information. It's not a remote protocol and no sensitive information is shared. Besides, if a bad actor has access to your network, this would be the last thing i'd worry about.

Nicotux wrote :
free to send a command by mappingit to ONSONGLOAD or ONINIT on keyboard map
i.e. ONINIT : os2l_button 'blackout' off

Sure, i guess this will work, but it's just a workaround.

Nicotux wrote :
note this may fail, because of the actual "bug" with IP (like with broadcast, no leading zero, no name resolution anymore) : localhost or 127.000.000.001 can't be used
need 127.0.0.1, bus working the same : 127.0.0.1:9996 working but not 127.0.0.1:09996

I don't fully understand what you mean or why you're bringing this up, because i'm not using any faulty adresses. Isn't it a given, that an invalid IP adress won't work?

Nicotux wrote :
and avoid network & broadcast IP, it hangs VDJ for long time (xxx.xxx.xxx.255 / xxx.xxx.xxx.0)

I don't undertand this either...

geposted Thu 08 Oct 20 @ 9:26 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
1) Yes when set to "yes" it make sense OS2L always starts
by default it is set "auto" which seems to do exactly the same as "yes" which make no sense
2) Often with VDJ a workaround is call a fix
3) because not knowing your config, it was a possibility
these are not faulty IPs, they all are ok and used to work
URL resolution not working fine anymore, not only with OS2L for some reason
4) same as above, but pointing an issue i just discovered while doing some OS2L tests

geposted Thu 08 Oct 20 @ 3:43 pm
Well, this is still an issue i'd say. VDJ should start sending OS2L data right away when set to yes.

geposted Fri 16 Oct 20 @ 7:02 pm
*bump*

geposted Mon 02 Nov 20 @ 11:11 am
This is definitely an issue and it still persists in the most recent version of Virtual DJ.

geposted Sun 20 Dec 20 @ 8:02 pm
romu92PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi,I have same problem, OS2L do not working some time

I dont know why.

Firewall is disable, and telnet to server working.

geposted Thu 23 Dec 21 @ 6:38 pm