Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: HELP!!! Can't connect to my RTMP Server
So I've read all the forum messages on RTMP servers and still haven't been able to fix my issue. I'm on a iMAC Pro running Catalina. I tested being able to connect to Facebook and stream live, but when I try to connect to my RTMP server which is sitting on a Windows 10 computer it won't connect. I get a message saying "Unable to open Connection". I tried testing connection to the RTMP server using ManyCam go Live and it connections fine. I just can't seem to figure out why Virtual DJ won't connect. Please help.

geposted Mon 05 Oct 20 @ 5:00 am
Maybe some firewall issue?

geposted Wed 07 Oct 20 @ 11:21 am
No I checked the best I could and doesn't seem like it. Windows 10 isn't the easiest to figure out same network firewall issues in. Or at least i'm not versed in it enough to figure it out. ManyCam from one computer to the other works fine. So not sure what thats about. I know that VirtualDj only seems to go on a rtmps connection on Mac vs the rtmp connection i need. Has VDJ ensured that the Apple OS will allow the none secure connection to go out? I know that Apple is very strict about their non secure internet connections going out from applications.

geposted Fri 09 Oct 20 @ 1:50 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you try if it works if you run VirtualDJ on the same pc as the rtmp server?

geposted Fri 09 Oct 20 @ 6:54 am
Probably shouldnt have stream key at end of url, but maybe the screenshot was just a "dummy" one

geposted Wed 14 Oct 20 @ 10:30 am
altTCPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I have the same issue, cannot broadcast to Icecast and twitch or mixcloud live at the same time

geposted Thu 16 Jun 22 @ 3:28 am
altTCPRO InfinityMember since 2020
altTC wrote :
I have the same issue, cannot broadcast to Icecast and twitch or mixcloud live at the same time

it seems that icecast ( an http or https server) and Mixcloud and Twitch are rtmp servers and as far as I can see, are incompatible.

geposted Thu 16 Jun 22 @ 6:24 pm