Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DENON PRIME 2 KEEPS FREEZING RANDOMLY IN COMPUTER MODE
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
YEAH, this is ridic. did a fresh install of windows. no weird apps running. system is a core i7 10th gen 10070 at default clock speeds. no overclocking.

my mixars primo and even an older pionner ddj rr. work fine.

last night vdj crashed. and i dont think it was vdj. someone said try using an external usb soundcard, and route that into the aux of the prime 2. well that sort of works. but the prime 4 never had this issue. my denon beta tester doesnt. loads of others around the web do.

im using just a low powered nvidia 980. 800 watt power supply. nothing fancy. how am i supposed to go to beatport or listen to music i download, or even do anything.

it seems as if there is a sleep mode. but its not in the prime 2 settings.

my pc power plan is set to high. all usb devices are set to "not let system turn off" which i was told to do by the denon people.

firmware was updated to the latest on the page.

none of the xdj series units even though stand alone. prevent you from listening to music. all you do is , well you hit link, pc, are you are off.

there is a lot of discussion and even a kid near me who is on his third prime 2, because the left platter freeze issue. and no sound (mcx8000 bug still)

i have time to send it back. im wondering if denon is adding and pushing too many bells and whistles and forgetting about quality control.

im not a fanboy. but i never had a pio product just not work.

someone said it could be a grounding issue. well my electrician had a look. and said no.

if i have to use an external soundcard just to play music like this. it kind of takes the all in one aspect away........

any ideas?

geposted Tue 06 Oct 20 @ 11:26 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
just froze again even in vdj. going back to the shop it goes. sigh.

geposted Tue 06 Oct 20 @ 11:46 am
Did you have any luck. I'm having this issue now

geposted Mon 06 Dec 21 @ 2:53 pm