Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: numark controller included software

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Why is Serato free to use with a Numark Controller & VDJ isn't?

geposted Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 11:53 am
I'm sure that controller you are referring to has Serato printed right on it meaning there is a licensing agreement between the two. ( meaning Serato pays the licensing fees)

and if you look at that same controller do you see VirtualDJ printed on it anywhere?

FYI there are some controller that come with VirtualDJ in the box if you look hard enough and they probably wont work with Serato for free.

geposted Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 12:13 pm
Thank you Wickedmix for your response & assistance, although I'm not sure the sarcastic undertones were necessary but again, thanks all the same.

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 1:26 pm
Which Numark controller are you referring to? Most of them only come with Serato DJ Lite, a cut down basic version.

People don't often realise that in order to get the same functionality as VDJ from Serato software, you have to buy all the addon packs, which ends up costing you the same as buying a full VDJ Pro license.

Serato software is the most "locked down" of the main DJ programs, meaning hardware only works with it if Serato embed support.

Others may have basic MIDI mapping, but don't natively support anything like the amount of hardware that VDJ does.

Because VDJ is known for supporting nearly every DJ controller around, it doesn't tend to get bundled with controllers - there's no need.

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 2:25 pm
I have a Numark NVII controller and it came with Serato DJ Pro license. Has Serato printed on it and all. Who cares? Serato is utter crap, probably the worst DJ software I have ever used (but hey - it's "free"!!). So I am paying for VDJ and after some customization playing almost exactly as I like. ALMOST. Even VDJ are missing some features that are so blatantly basic that it hurts mu brain we do not have it. For gods sake even Serato has one of these features - different color of played song in browser.

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 6:31 pm
Thank you all, question answered. However for clarity, I've been using VDJ since 2016 & have never used Serato. I oly asked the question because I was offered a new controller & told Serato was free to use with it, hence I wondered why Serato was free & VDJ wasn't. End of!!

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 7:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)