Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Launchpad X - Pressure for volume?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is it possible to set up the pads to use pressure on the LPX (or other LP's that have the right switches) so that depending how hard you push it it will control the volume of the sample/loop?

Otherwise, is there a way to make a script so I can put it on a button to say shift 25% of the volume up or down smooth?

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 1:20 am

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 8:35 pm

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 10:08 pm
The more I look into this, I'm wondering if VDJ if has support for velocity on this hardware. Has anyone else ever gotten any pressure to work on a luanchpad?

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 11:42 pm
Should probably work.
If you click on a pad and watch in the mapper section do you see any velocity info?

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 10:25 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
you can try to map pad to sampler_velocity
(will effectively work only if device implementation handles the LPX polyphonic aftertouch and controller config enables it) both hardware and software technically can ... if implemented

I do not have a LPX but to test you can map PAD_1_1 to
var '$lpxpage' 0 ? shift ? sampler_stop 1 : sampler_pad 1 & sampler_velocity 1 : var '$lpxpage' 1 ? shift ? deck left delete_cue 1 : deck left hot_cue 1 : var '$lpxpage' 2 ? deck left effect_active 1 : var '$lpxpage' 3 ? deck left pad 1 : var '$lpxpage' 4 ? nothing : var '$lpxpage' 5 ? nothing : nothing
this won't break its use and may enable velocity if implemented

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 10:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Launchpad X current implementation is not including velocity.
We dont have the device here, mapping files were created based on Documents and User's feedback.
But we could add of course.
Could you post screenshots of MIDIOX (Windows - Google it) or Snoize Midi Monitor (Mac) showing the data sent from device when Velocity is enabled when pressing any of the 64 keys ?

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 2:23 pm
Changes are being made to add this feature too! It should be available soon.

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 7:01 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Should probably work.
If you click on a pad and watch in the mapper section do you see any velocity info?

Nope it's not showing pressure. Another post says it's not implemented yet.

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 9:22 pm
Nicotux wrote :
you can try to map pad to sampler_velocity
(will effectively work only if device implementation handles the LPX polyphonic aftertouch and controller config enables it) both hardware and software technically can ... if implemented

I do not have a LPX but to test you can map PAD_1_1 to
var '$lpxpage' 0 ? shift ? sampler_stop 1 : sampler_pad 1 & sampler_velocity 1 : var '$lpxpage' 1 ? shift ? deck left delete_cue 1 : deck left hot_cue 1 : var '$lpxpage' 2 ? deck left effect_active 1 : var '$lpxpage' 3 ? deck left pad 1 : var '$lpxpage' 4 ? nothing : var '$lpxpage' 5 ? nothing : nothing
this won't break its use and may enable velocity if implemented

Tried this on a custom button and didn't work, also on a custom mapped key same result. I guess it's not implemented yet based on another post.

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 9:30 pm
djdad wrote :
Launchpad X current implementation is not including velocity.
We dont have the device here, mapping files were created based on Documents and User's feedback.
But we could add of course.
Could you post screenshots of MIDIOX (Windows - Google it) or Snoize Midi Monitor (Mac) showing the data sent from device when Velocity is enabled when pressing any of the 64 keys ?

Had to learn how to use this software but I think I got it and got what you're looking for.

It did let me upload so here is a link to it: https://gyazo.com/c22a53a054c7abcefa5c8f1fb96883e4

This is pushing pad 1, the upper left of the main 64

Let me know if need a bit more data and different settings on the LPX to help with this.

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 9:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok, we are working on updated mapping files. Will let you know when available.

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 9:54 pm
djdad wrote :

Sounds good. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with mapping and adding other features of this hardware with information.

geposted Fri 12 Feb 21 @ 9:55 pm
djdad wrote :

I see there is some support being worked on, but I have to report that when I had a set to play this last week the pads where working wrong. If you hit them hard they would be quiet, and soft would be loud. If you pressed and held you control the volume of the sampler but when you pulled off it would mute them.

geposted Sat 20 Feb 21 @ 10:05 pm
I have used it up to now, none of the problems you list, everything happened to me perfectly even in the other pages and functions included. Sure you don't have some wrong settings on Virtual DJ? Also because at the moment there is no velocity in the pads for the samples, the default velocity is usable only in the "note" and "custom" functions.

geposted Sun 21 Feb 21 @ 12:37 am
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :
I have used it up to now, none of the problems you list, everything happened to me perfectly even in the other pages and functions included. Sure you don't have some wrong settings on Virtual DJ? Also because at the moment there is no velocity in the pads for the samples, the default velocity is usable only in the "note" and "custom" functions.

This is with early access build on: https://gyazo.com/1c280abc3f241acfea9c7631ee5d2412

The profile is the VDJ downloads.

EDIT: If you disable aftertouch on the board, the Vel pads work in the right direction, weird...

If anyone comes across this with the same problem, long hold dession, then send a (for aftertouch settings) and then turn off (red for default colors)

geposted Sun 21 Feb 21 @ 2:11 am
user22620048 wrote :
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :

The profile is the VDJ downloads.

EDIT: If you disable aftertouch on the board, the Vel pads work in the right direction, weird...

If anyone comes across this with the same problem, long hold dession, then send a (for aftertouch settings) and then turn off (red for default colors)

In addition to using it for Virtual DJ samples, I use it to control virtual synths in note and custom mode, I play a lot with the pads and I've never had a problem like yours, I don't know what it can depend on. You can try to do a temporary reset of the Virtual DJ setting file (keeping the old file to be able to restore it later), maybe with the next update it will be solved, often small Virtual DJ bugs occur in functions that were fine before but are promptly solved when reported.

geposted Sun 21 Feb 21 @ 12:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)