Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: sound stop issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am using a Macbook Pro (15-inch 2017) 2.8 GHz Quad 7, 16 GB memory with version v8.5 b6294 and songs seem to randomly stop for a moment. I am also using a Denon MC7000 controller.

Any ideas on what I might be able to do to set it to prevent that? I do not having any other programs running while I am DJing. Thank you all for any help with this.

David

geposted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 1:49 am
is it like an audio drop out, or is it song stopping..

For audio drop up try increase the audio buffer, in settings set latency to value 256

geposted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 10:34 am
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
is it like an audio drop out, or is it song stopping..

For audio drop up try increase the audio buffer, in settings set latency to value 256

The files actually stops playing or even stutters a bit. It will work fine for an hour or so and usually about two hours in it starts and then seems to get worse as the time goes on.

geposted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 2:09 pm
Still sounds a bit like its the audio buffer.. .

Since it looks like you are on Mac, in VirtualDJ, in settings=> options, try set latency to 256 or even 512 if needed (on Windows you would do this in the asio driver instead)

When it starts to get bad, if you open VDJ sound settings and press "Apply" and sound is instantly good again, often a confirmation that it was buffer running dry

geposted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 2:16 pm
Still sounds a bit like its the audio buffer.. .

Since it looks like you are on Mac, in VirtualDJ instead, in settings=> options, try set latency to 256 or even 512 if needed (on Windows you would do this in the asio driver instead)

When it starts to get bad, if you open VDJ sound settings and press "Apply" and sound is instantly good again, often a confirmation that it was buffer running dry

OK, I will give that a try. Thank you for your help 🙏🏼

geposted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 2:20 pm
If its only during loading new song to deck, you could also test setting mathengine to disabled OR set precomputeStems to "only use precompute" (if you use stems). Stems require a bit of "computer powers" to calculate, but shouldnt interrupt audio (and there are some tweaks if so)

But probably not it, you would have posted or said that it was happening during song load then i guess ;-) And wouldnt be randomly as much

Sounds more like its the audio buffer, at least give that a try ;-)

geposted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 2:24 pm
If its only during loading new song to deck, you could also test setting mathengine to disabled OR set precomputeStems to "only use precompute" (if you use stems). Stems require a bit of "computer powers" to calculate, but shouldnt interrupt audio (and there are some tweaks if so)

But probably not it, you would have posted or said that it was happening during song load then i guess ;-) And wouldnt be randomly as much

Sounds more like its the audio buffer, at least give that a try ;-)

Well, it will happen when I go to load another song sometimes as well. It's just kind of random.

geposted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 2:29 pm
yentertainment wrote :

Well, it will happen when I go to load another song sometimes as well. It's just kind of random.

Setting the buffer a little higher can help either way.
Try with 256 (or even 512).

And if that wasnt enough, could try set precomputeStems to "always use precomputed" to rule out if that is the cause.

geposted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 2:44 pm
yentertainment wrote :

Setting the buffer a little higher can help either way.
Try with 256 (or even 512).

And if that wasnt enough, could try set precomputeStems to "always use precomputed" to rule out if that is the cause.

One last question, do you know what might make my "sync" buttons sometimes not work either? Is it something I may have set by accident? Thank you for all your help with this

geposted Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 12:50 am
yentertainment wrote :

One last question, do you know what might make my "sync" buttons sometimes not work either? Is it something I may have set by accident? Thank you for all your help with this

if the controller is new (and not 2nd hand where chances are there could be worn out contact foil in buttons), it probably just need a firm press. As long as the controller sends a signal, the computer should hear it and apply what you pressed.

geposted Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 12:01 pm
yentertainment wrote :

if the controller is new (and not 2nd hand where chances are there could be worn out contact foil in buttons), it probably just need a firm press. As long as the controller sends a signal, the computer should hear it and apply what you pressed.

OK, thank you for that!! Good news, bumping my latency up to 256 seemed to have fixed the issue. Is there any need or advantage for me to bump it to 512? Or, is there any downside to doing it?

geposted Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 5:48 pm
yentertainment wrote :

OK, thank you for that!! Good news, bumping my latency up to 256 seemed to have fixed the issue. Is there any need or advantage for me to bump it to 512? Or, is there any downside to doing it?

Good good ;-)

No advantage going 512 (unless you need due to audio drop outs). Disadvantages are hardly noticeable, but is an increased delay between controller and audio with larger buffer (but takes quite a fast scratcher perhaps to notice that, and probably would have to go all up to 1024 or higher to be able to notice)

geposted Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 6:36 pm
yentertainment wrote :

Good good ;-)

No advantage going 512 (unless you need due to audio drop outs). Disadvantages are hardly noticeable, but is an increased delay between controller and audio with larger buffer (but takes quite a fast scratcher perhaps to notice that, and probably would have to go all up to 1024 or higher to be able to notice)

Excellent,, thank you for all the help!!

geposted Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 7:02 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)