Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Visual glitches in waveform view

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Issue: Visual bugs in waveform view

System used: Windows 10 Home, x86-64 bit, 2004.
VDJ version: 8-5-64-b6294 and may other recent versions

Frequency: Always

Steps to reproduce:
1) Delete your My Documents\Virtual DJ folder so you don't have any previous settings. (It'll likely work without deleting this, but having it removed takes all of those possible strange settings out of the equation. I'm trying to eliminate variables as much as possible here.)
2) Start Virtual DJ
3) In settings select Interface, Old, 4 Decks
4) At the top of the screen, use the waveform pulldown. Select Default Wave: 4 Decks
5) Load a track in Deck 1
6) Create a cue mark
7) Start playing

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/LAAtsN6

Notice the little dots on the bottom of the waveform display. When playing, they move in a speckle pattern. Of course in the screenshot, they don't move. :)

When did this start: The last version that worked properly for me was v8.5-64 b6156, so I keep reverting to that. Every version I've tried after that has had this issue.

The issue does not persist if I use different skins. Therefore, I believe that this issue is somehow related to the Old skin. That's a pity, because this is the skin that best suits me.

I have been able to reproduce this issue faithfully on 3 systems, all running Win10 x86-64 Home. Because they all use different graphics (Intel, AMD, Nvidia), and it doesn't occur with other skins, I don't believe it to be a graphics driver issue.
1) Dell laptop with i7-6500U and integrated graphics
2) i7-4790k with Nvidia GTX 970
3) the same i7-4790k but with AMD RX 580

Is there any way that you could look into this? Please? :)

Thanks,
CCP

geposted Sat 27 Feb 21 @ 3:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you check if experimentalSkinengine setting on/off makes any difference ?

geposted Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 8:27 am
I looked in my configuration. At least for the Intel laptop with Intel graphics, we have the following:
experimentalBeatAnalyzer: No
experimentalSkinEngine: Auto
experimentalWaveColors: No

I switched experimentalSkinEngine to No. That makes the problem go away. YAY!!!!
I switched experimentalSkinengine to Yes. The error comes back immediately.

So I think the error is somewhere in the experimentalSkinEngine. And Auto will turn it on for my systems. Very interesting! Tell your developers to look there.

Thanks,
CP

geposted Fri 05 Mar 21 @ 10:20 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)