Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Migrating from Cue v.7.4.7 to VDJ 20201 - Page: 2
It looks like VDJ does not have any more "links" to WMP covers in the Tag Editor. What's worse, the CD's I ripped are no longer widely available, so VDJ's attempt of finding the "proper" cover online usually fails. The only "proper" covers are the ones I scanned and embedded myself in the actual files using Tag&Rename (maybe about 10% of my collection of 55,000 songs).

In CUE, it actually displayed a cover option "Local WMP Database", with the ability to make that version the official cover. I wish VDJ would bring back the "Local WMP Database" feature, as I have about 20,000 song covers tied to WMP.

geposted Tue 13 Apr 21 @ 2:57 am
D-litePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Allow me to jump in if you don't mind. I have a similar challenge except when I transferred my entire V 7.4.7 database to a new (PC) laptop it did it perfectly. Then I upgraded to V 2021in order to use it with a Pioneer console. Everything seemed perfect at first before I it slowly dawned on me that a huge chunk of songs in various virtual folders were missing (but still available when i search for them) - Dunno if I have explained that clearly. So if i use v 7.4.7 on the same laptop it works perfectly. When I use v 2021 all is well except songs missing from the virtual folders. Any advice for an old DJ in Kenya (who is not extremely tech oriented per se!) ?

Rune (DJ-In-Norway) wrote :
Modern VirtualDJ already imports v7 automatically ..

Simply run the installer from here to update, and all should be seamless
https://www.virtualdj.com/download/

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 11:48 am