Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Database

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello. I own a MacBook Pro mid 2012. My primary drive is a ssd and I added a second (replacing the cd drive) 2tb. My vdj is on drive 1 and all my music on drive 2. My drive 2 broke and I did backup all the music but forgot to backup the database so I lost all my cues, loops, etc. In my virtual DJ I created a lot of filters and virtual folders. I backd up several time the database and the vdj folder. I installed the new drive 2. Restored all my music. Opened vdj and absolutely nothing. No filter, no virtual files. Basically I thought all these information was stored in vdj main database. I tried to restore the database, copy the entire vdj folder. Nothing. I recreated some filters and deleted the database on hd2 and when I open vdj my filter are still there so it’s easy to think they are store in the main vdj database but the problem is why they disappears first? The other question is on Mac there is no drive letter like windows so how vdj know where to go? Is it the problem that I changed the drive but now vdj doesn’t where to go? If so the filter name should be there but empty because he doesn’t find the files. Don’t understand. I have 2 différents questions. Thank you

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 12:09 pm
The database for the music on the 2nd drive, is on the 2nd drive itself.
So if that drive broke, so is the database. But you said you had a backup.
Did you also backup the folder /virutaldj/ on the 2nd drive? If so restore this.. .
This folder also contains the folders for all the music on the 2nd drive.. Virtual Folders that is.

Filter folders, regular flat playlists etc are stored in /documents/virtualdj/ on the main drive

VirtualDJ is "drive letter" agnostic, it looks for the database on the drive itself ( /virtualdj/ folder).
Except for music that are stored at the main drive. Database for that is /documents/virtualdj/

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 1:00 pm
I understand but why, if the filters are store in the main drive, they disappeared when my second drive broke? I could understand if they were empty (because maybe they lost the songs link so would have no result) but I guess the filters themself would be there. It’s like this in the filter folder directly on vdj but I created filters outside this folder.

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 6:31 pm
Look in /documents/virtualdj/folders/filters/
If you have some content there, and if the "missing" filters exists still there

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 7:24 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)