Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Autofade from Turntable 1 to Turntable 2?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mwcurranControlleristMember since 2021
While playing a digital file [song 1] on turntable I I have the second digital file [song 2] queued up on turntable 2. If I want to end Song 1 earlier is there a way to set up VDJ so that as soon as I hit the Cue button to start playing Song 2 it will autofade into the new song? I don't see any Autofade choices like that in Options and I don't want to have the songs on Automix in the holding pen.

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 8:06 pm
fade only .. . or fade and mix?

To mix.. can map a button with the action mix_now for mixing ..
Alternatively mix_now_nosync

Or just to crossfade over: auto_crossfade

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 8:13 pm
How does one map a button?

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 8:44 pm

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 8:53 pm
Okay excellent, Rune. I did add/map 2 custom buttons for both decks [dual decks] but those buttons don't activate a auto-mix or an auto fade from one song to another when I hit the cue button.

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 9:34 pm
if its automix you are using try automix_skip instead

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 9:40 pm
The problem is the other song has to be started first. I wanted to set it up so the second song is queued up and stationary and while I'm in the middle of the first song, I can just hit the play button on Song 2 and it automatically fades out of Song 1 and smoothly fades into Song 2. Right now to do this I have to start the other song first then hit autofade button and by that time the song has already passed the beginning cue point.

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 9:49 pm
If I understood you right, just add play to the script on the buttons

auto_crossfade & play

for example

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 9:58 pm
No sure where that is, do you mean here?

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 10:31 pm
at the action part yes.. thats the field where you write in the actions you want to do...

In your case: auto_crossfade & play

If I understood correctly what you wanted at least ;-)

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 10:41 pm
Ok so I put that command in the action window but if I hit return it disappears, can you give me the steps or direct me to a video?

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 11:51 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
sounds like an autocrossfader with faderStart enable and crossfader curve set to smooth

geposted Sun 28 Mar 21 @ 3:59 am
user23473520 wrote :
Ok so I put that command in the action window but if I hit return it disappears, [I1]

Thats normal, that means you saved the action, and can now use the button you saved to

geposted Sun 28 Mar 21 @ 10:22 am
Ok cool. That worked. One tweak that would make it perfect would be to be able to automatically return the fader to center so that the next song can be queued and mixed normally as once 'autofade and play' is selected you have to manually then return the fader to center for regular mixing operation.

geposted Sun 28 Mar 21 @ 11:52 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)