Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VIDEO MIXING SHUTTING DOWN VDJ
hi guys.. was anyone who could help me and answer the question why video mixing slowing down my virtual dj if working on one deck is ok if I put on another deck and trey to mix one music to other he slowing down and blocking vdj. my music videos are downloaded fromYouTube 1080p convert to mp4

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 7:23 pm
What kind of computer specs you got? Extremely low-end?

And make sure pc is up to date, latest windows, drivers etc

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 7:25 pm
i have this kind of laptop and i use him only for DJing

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 7:37 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
What kind of computer specs you got? Extremely low-end?

And make sure pc is up to date, latest windows, drivers etc

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 7:37 pm
It's a 2009 processor, 32 bit windows and very little RAM.

It's probably struggling to decode 2 HD videos at the same time.

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 7:42 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
It's a 2009 processor, 32 bit windows and very little RAM.

It's probably struggling to decode 2 HD videos at the same time.

so what you recommend?!

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 7:44 pm
A new laptop.

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 7:46 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
A new laptop.

i guess so 🤣 lol... but what is the best laptop to do with it what kind?!
thank you for respond

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 7:48 pm
Anything mid range or upwards from the past couple of years. Better with dedicated graphics if you want to output video and use stems.

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 7:59 pm
Can try update the graphics first, to see if its up for the task.
And guessing its an onboard intel graphic, set it to max performance in the intel settings

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 8:13 pm
Can try update the graphics first, to see if its up for the task.
And guessing its an onboard intel graphic, set it to max performance in the intel settings

hallo Norway 🇳🇴!!
how to do that? thx!

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 8:32 pm
Depends... if its Intel, or if the AMD has on-chip graphics (or not at all)

So IF you have intel graphics, update drives first here
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html
Then set to max performance and disable power saving in the intel control panel

You can also set the power management in windows to max performance, might help a little...
You do that in power options at Windows control panel

Its a low end processor so not sure it can do "miracles" though
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/3720/AMD-Athlontm-X2-Dual-Core-QL-64

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 8:59 pm
You can also try set videoUseDXVA to no, in VirtualDJ settings (if above power settings suggestion didnt help )
And by that let VirtualDJ do all the video work in software (instead of hardware).

Can make things work if the graphic support on your computer is extremely low end or old ...

And could always update to a new computer, if all things fails and its just getting too old ;-)

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 9:06 pm
Looked at logs, and seems your computer has ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (and if so, the intel settings above is not for you)
That card is not certified by Windows 10 apparently, so might not be at best performance
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-615

So that means Windows will use its own drivers, and if you have Windows 10 up to date, you already have latest drivers. But try the software decode of videos (videoUseDXVA to no) if VirtualDJ setting if the Windows power management to high performance didnt help...

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 9:14 pm
Looked at logs, and seems your computer has ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (and if so, the intel settings above is not for you)
That card is not certified by Windows 10 apparently, so might not be at best performance
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-615

So that means Windows will use its own drivers, and if you have Windows 10 up to date, you already have latest drivers. But try the software decode of videos (videoUseDXVA to no) if VirtualDJ setting if the Windows power management to high performance didnt help...

thank you buddy for all info.. i think I'll just buy new laptop or just doing regular music without video mixing so i really appreciate your time! ✌️

geposted Mon 03 May 21 @ 10:14 pm
One thing you have got to remember is it is illegal to rip videos from youtube why don't you support the artists and buy your music instead of ripping it off youtube it gets up my nose when people do that.

geposted Tue 04 May 21 @ 2:38 pm