Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: no sample playback with virtual dj 2021
nikb1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi,

I need some assistance in resolving an issue i have since upgrading to virtual dj 2021

I use the same laptop with 2 different decks.

laptop is an MSI Apache Pro with windows 10

the first deck i use it with has an external soundcard in a Pioneer DJM 750 along with a pair of CDJ's, and this works as expected. I mix on video but can drop in video loops from the sample bank to play adverts at the venue.

second deck is a Pioneer DDJ-1000. for some reason when i use this deck clicking a video loop in the sample bank does not display anything and the video from the current track just keep on playing even though the sample bank shows the loop has been selected and the bar scrolls along it as though it was playing.

i thought it may be related to the new stems mode so i have tried with this on and off and it made no difference.

i'm sure its just a setting i have not come across before. this same deck worked fine with sample bank loop on VDJ8

any help or direction would be appreciated !

thanks

Nik

geposted Sat 03 Jul 21 @ 4:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please post a screenshot of your VirtualDJ Audio Setup when you use the above setup

geposted Sun 04 Jul 21 @ 7:44 pm
i will get this at the weekend when i have access to that deck again, thanks

geposted Tue 06 Jul 21 @ 10:01 am
Hi djdad

finally got round to this, as far as i am aware this is the default setup for the DDJ-1000, i did remove the line input but it made no difference

i have this deck at home now if you need any more info.

thanks

geposted Sat 17 Jul 21 @ 1:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Sat 17 Jul 21 @ 10:10 pm
Hi djdad

yes, that has cracked it. it was the sampler volume (even though there is no audio, they are just video clips) but the sampler volume fades the video sample in. i had probably set this right a few years ago when i got the deck. what had thrown me here is just experiencing the issue after upgrading the software so i was looking in the wrong place for the answers !

thanks you for the assist djdad, very much appreciated :)

geposted Sun 18 Jul 21 @ 5:44 pm