Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Windowed Video Output fixed ratio? 16:9
Need to have a fixed ratio of the windowed mode. 16:9 in my case
No setting in options and output became blurry or weird if this isn't correct.

How do I fix this?

geposted Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 8:51 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
you simply can't

There is no way to modify height and width and depth (top/bottom level) of any of VDJ windows but main
only main have skin_height and skin_width
These values are used as reference to resize other windows ending with blurry display and wrong sizes

As a workaround in custom skins I tried to use mainwindow as final video and windowed video as a preview. Can set ratio by script, but this kills menus because they resize as well (as bad)

auto "move and size to fit one display only" at start/skin load prevent to keep parameters during/between sessions

Already asked for
- keep windows parameters (no auto destroy settings)
- extra window & menu absolute size (1pix is 1pix)
- a way to script size and position and depth of extra windows (including output)
- restore previous positions and size at skin change (they register ok but previous skin settings are used instead)
but without any success

geposted Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 9:28 am
@nicotux I can see your point and also read that topic but language barrier made it hard to understand what you really meant.

Reason for my question is simply that since VDJ not support 3rd party overlays, modify skins is way to complicated and using a transparent image as a layer over i.e Slideshow or Shader.

I tend more and more to stop using VDJ as a broadcaster tool and simply do it in OBS due to the lack of interactivity options in VDJ.

Like the features of using pads in controller to change scenes, Track info display etc but requires skills over advanced level and C++ Bachelor degree to make the best out of two worlds.

Would love to learn but wiki, tutorials and guidelines are merely outdated and don't know what still is relevant or not

geposted Wed 08 Sep 21 @ 11:34 am