Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: database...why does it always change
There are only a few things in life I can count on: death, taxes, and my database being jacked every time I login to virtualdj. Seriously, I'm not joking - EVERY time I login files are missing, playlists that were full only have 8 songs, 3 of which are missing, duplicates of half my songs, metadata missing - it's unbelievable, and I waste hours trying to find and rescan all of this.

Trying not to be mad here, I've actually calmed down quite a bit, but I'm at the point where I'm considering switching software because I can't take this any more. Does anyone else have this issue? Any thoughts on what is going on? Seems like a bit of a hassle to save every time and lock the database, I don't think I should have to do this every time.

Thank you in advance

geposted Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 2:44 pm
I have used VDJ since 2008 and never ever had any DB issues.

There must be something wrong either with your PC or the method you are using to store files.

geposted Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 2:47 pm
Are you moving files outside of VDJ?

geposted Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 2:57 pm
This 5 things will make you life better, it did for me.

1. Make sure you have FULL rights on any drive
2. Make sure files are not READ ONLY
3. Make all Editing/Changes using VDJ ONLY (copy/move/tags etc.)
4. CLEAN the DATABASE
5. Enjoy DJing.

geposted Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 3:20 pm
I'll add one more thing to Magic DJ's list: if you have music on multiple drives, all those drives need to be plugged in when you use Virtual DJ. The software creates a separate database on each drive.

geposted Mon 13 Sep 21 @ 3:54 pm