Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Updated Mac and virtual will not work - Page: 1
I updated my MacBook Pro tonight and tried to run virtual and it will not work it’s Catalina 10.15.7 on a 13inch mid 2012 Mac any ideal why it’s not working help me out

geposted Wed 27 Oct 21 @ 1:55 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

geposted Mon 01 Nov 21 @ 7:08 am[ selected best answer by Adion on Mon 01 Nov 21 @ 7:08 am ]
Could you please explain what you mean by "not working" ?
It does not appear on screen ?
It does not produce sound ?
It does not save settings ?

Also are you using the latest version ?

geposted Wed 27 Oct 21 @ 7:41 am
I’m running vdj 2021 I updated my Mac and when I attempt to open vdj it will not open three vdj logos pop out at the bottom of my screen but it will not open

geposted Wed 27 Oct 21 @ 2:06 pm
The same issue i get hopefully it is sorted

geposted Wed 27 Oct 21 @ 6:12 pm
Langue FRANCAISE :
Bonjour, j'ai un ordi Lenovo WINDOS 10, j'avais installé le virtual DJ et le contrôleur NUMARK PARTY MIX avec une licence payante.
Aujourd'ui j'ai acheté un nouveau contrôleur NUMARCK MITRACX PRO FX. Pour l'essayer je l'ai pendant un mois en essai gratuit. Le problème même avec la partie essaie gratuite il ne fonctionne pas,
''voir très mal, ''il répond bien mais le son et médiocre, sur l'écran il me mets des messages error sur les plages, l'interface reste elle Party Mix et pas MITRACKS PRO FX, est ce que je dois desintallé le Party Mix, pour réinstallé le nouveau. Depuis l'essaie avec le nouveau rien ne fonctionne. J'ai réintallé l'ancien et plus rien ne fontionne merci de bien vouloir m'aider et me renseigner qu'elle manip dje doit faire trés cordailement à vous

geposted Wed 27 Oct 21 @ 7:06 pm
Hello, I have a Lenovo WINDOS 10 computer, I had installed the virtual DJ and the NUMARK PARTY MIX controller with a paid license.
Today I bought a new NUMARCK MITRACX PRO FX controller. To try it I have it for a month on a free trial. The problem even with the free trial part it does not work,
'' seeing very badly, '' he responds well but the sound is mediocre, on the screen he gives me error messages on the tracks, the interface remains Party Mix and not MITRACKS PRO FX, do I have to uninstall the Party Mix, to reinstall the new one. Since trying with the new one nothing works. I reinstalled the old one and nothing works thank you for kindly helping me and informing me that it should be done very cordially to you

geposted Wed 27 Oct 21 @ 7:07 pm
Tengo el mismo problema. Actualice Catalina y virtual no se abre

geposted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 2:19 am
Try to rename Documents/VirtualDJ/settings.xml and try to open vdj again

geposted Fri 29 Oct 21 @ 4:17 am
davnat6PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Exact same issue as Vernblac.
2012 mac book pro. catalina 10.15.7.
VDJ8 worked perfectly before update on 10/29/2021. Tried launching it immediately after and the icon appears as if it’s launching and then disappears.
Please help ASAP. thank you

geposted Sat 30 Oct 21 @ 2:03 pm
I'm having the same issue with my 2013 MacBook Pro and Catalina update on Oct 29, 2021.

geposted Sat 30 Oct 21 @ 3:19 pm
Same issue here on Macbook Air with 10.15.7 after MAC upgrade.
I tried almost anything. Took backup removed VDJ8 and installed VDJ 2021 but same problem.
When I fire the App, a second VDJ icon appears but the software don't start.
The first issue is posted 4 days ago.
Dear support team please instruct how to solve

geposted Sat 30 Oct 21 @ 8:31 pm
Solution: Rename the file 'settings.xml' to 'settings-old.xml' for example, in the documents/VDJ folder. VDJ will start and create a new settings.xml file with default settings. Use the old file to change settings according your old settings.

geposted Sat 30 Oct 21 @ 10:09 pm
I tried renaming the "settings" file and this resolved the issue. thanks.

geposted Sun 31 Oct 21 @ 2:17 am
All this is fine and dandy to get the program to work , Then when I set the settings to what I Had them on VirtualDJ will restart . Crash and I have to start all over. V8.5 b6677. MacBook 13" mid 2012 Catalina 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB .
That update screwed every thing up. Glad I Had Backup.
This Is Not Good. also shaders reloading make Virtual DJ Crash.

geposted Sun 31 Oct 21 @ 2:53 am
Which setting you changed made it crash again?
From the crash logs it looks like it's related to experimentalUseMetal which should be set to yes

geposted Sun 31 Oct 21 @ 12:07 pm
davnat6PRO InfinityMember since 2010
@studi-jo. the renaming of the file worked. vdj8 is back up and running.
thank you!

geposted Sun 31 Oct 21 @ 2:48 pm

Selected as best answer geposted Mon 01 Nov 21 @ 7:08 am
sorry double post

geposted Mon 01 Nov 21 @ 7:17 pm
Disappointing "solution"...but i got a workaround for all of you!

Install version of second post. then....

EDIT: I am doing job of Virtual DJ Admins....the problem is within the tags of "performance" and "performances" copy all lines except this ones into your new settings.xml then adjust performance tabs manually inside of VDJ, thats the solution! We have to be strong community, no help expected here from support. A pitty after all!

geposted Mon 01 Nov 21 @ 7:21 pm
Help

geposted Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 4:28 pm
95%