Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ not recognizing my music
Hello. I got a new laptop for work. I recently backed-up my music onto my hard drive and was able to open my iTunes library in iTunes. Amazing, I have my music on my computer now... however, my VirtualDJ app was not recognizing the tracks in my software, it was only recognizing them if I dragged and dropped them in. I tried deleting the database to reset it as someone suggested. When I opened the app, all of my tracks had X's on them. I deleted all the VirtualDJ stuff on my computer and reinstalled it, it still does the same thing. I can't drag the tracks from iTunes, but I was able to drag one from my Downloads. Can y'all please help because I have a gig tomorrow. Thank you all so much, happy mixing. I have VirtualDJ8 btw.

geposted Fri 05 Nov 21 @ 6:59 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Sure they are not strictly at the same place
If they appear with a red X, just select all (CTRL+A) and rightclick and relocate missing files should do

if not recurse top folder where songs are located, this will add them to database
Once done if they appear both with red X and without, just use 'remove missing files from database' from browser options

geposted Fri 05 Nov 21 @ 7:51 pm