Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Black screen when instant double Tidal Videos plus gain issues
Hello, I’ve been getting a black screen every time I instant double with Tidal videos streaming. I also just updated to the latest build at this time of writing and my gain levels jump above 0db when I load certain tracks. I was using build 6404 for the longest and never had the gain issue. The Tidal video issue has been there for both builds.

geposted Thu 23 Dec 21 @ 1:53 am
I noticed at my last gig that some tracks were really loud while others were quiet. Been meaning to have a closer look at it.

geposted Thu 23 Dec 21 @ 8:16 am
The Blendmaster wrote :
I also just updated to the latest build at this time of writing and my gain levels jump above 0db when I load certain tracks.

I have noticed that its possible for the gain to be high if one starts play of a (first time seen) Tidal track before the complete analysis is done by VDJ. During the analysis the gain will momentarily jump, as it is being set, and if play is started at that time, the gain is too high, (could be low in rare cases). This does not occur if the Tidal track was previously seen (analyzed and in your VDJ database) or one waits till the track is fully analyzed, before starting play of the track.

This occurs, also, with BeatPort Link, or anytime one starts play before the analysis has completed. (and this does not occur with tracks stored locally, since they are analyzed automatically, when first seen.)

Note: if/when this happens, one can easily double click the gain control knob, to reset it to the 0.0, to reset to autogain.

geposted Thu 23 Dec 21 @ 3:01 pm