Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Need Help with a script to set an outro cue point
ROMNTRUPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I am trying to set a button that does the following from the first beat of the song:

Question: Is beatjump 16 greater than the end of the song? If not, then beatjump 16. If it is, beatjump -32 & set_cue 8 & cue_name 8 "Outro 8B"

geposted Sat 08 Jan 22 @ 4:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
would be something like.

goto 100% & set 'myVar' `param_mod 16 "get_beatpos" & param_multiply -1` & get_var 'myVar' & param_cast 'relative' & goto & goto -32 & get_beatpos & param_cast & set_cue 8 & cue_name 8 "Outro 8B"

geposted Sat 08 Jan 22 @ 9:55 pm
Thank you. I will try it out.

geposted Sat 08 Jan 22 @ 11:04 pm
When I use the above code, the cursor ends up at the correct beat position, but the cue point is set somewhere else (approximately 9 beats before the end of the song). Please help. Again, I thank you for your efforts.

geposted Sun 09 Jan 22 @ 1:38 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
stop quoting when there's only 1 person speaking to you.

it worked here so, not sure what you have that's different, try this one instead

goto 100% & set 'myVar' `param_mod 16 "get_beatpos" & param_multiply -1` & get_var 'myVar' & param_cast 'relative' & goto & goto -32 & hot_cue 8 & cue_name 8 "Outro 8B"

truth be told it all matters how the song is laid out, if it has extended silence at the end that will screw things up.

geposted Sun 09 Jan 22 @ 2:42 am
It works! Thank you.

geposted Sun 09 Jan 22 @ 2:54 am