Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Latest Version of VDJ on Mac OS Monterey 12.2 Crashing on Broadcast
Virtual DJ will crash when trying to stream online with the built in broadcaster. Specifically only when the other DJ is handing off to me when they are ending their set.

What will happen is, the DJ that is currently on the air will count me down and tell me go when their set is finished, however if they havn't stopped broadcasting yet & I click the broadcast button it will instantly crash VDJ. It won't freeze up, it will just instantly close VDJ.

Before it used to just say "Cannot connect server answered" & I could just spam the button until it connected as soon as they stopped streaming. But now it just force closes VDJ, & I have to open VDJ & quickly set up all over again.

My System:
iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021)
Chip: Apple M1
Memory: 16 GB
Startup Disk: Macintosh SSD
Virtual DJ Version: v8.5-arm b6800

geposted Sat 05 Feb 22 @ 3:04 am
Resurrecting this because a year later and this problem still exists.

geposted Sat 17 Dec 22 @ 3:18 am
your still using build 6800?

any other programs running at the same time?

video or audio broadcast?

shoutcast server or something else?

personally i would try counting to 5 or 10 before connecting after you are told to connect. some software doesn't drop connections instantly and takes a bit of time.

geposted Sat 17 Dec 22 @ 1:59 pm
I had a similar problem described (instantly crashing with no crashguard restart/logs) at the 2hr mark (when an ad was scheduled to come in) here with radio.co:

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/244753/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Crash_when_broadcast_length____2hr_mark.html

However I decided to try continuing the broadcast yesterday with the latest stable build (b7360), and it seems like my problem has been fixed...I went a full 10 minutes beyond the hour. Maybe you can try the latest build to see if it resolves your problem as well?

geposted Sat 17 Dec 22 @ 2:44 pm
wickedmix wrote :
your still using build 6800?

any other programs running at the same time?

video or audio broadcast?

shoutcast server or something else?

personally i would try counting to 5 or 10 before connecting after you are told to connect. some software doesn't drop connections instantly and takes a bit of time.

The only other program running is Secondlife where I stream my DJ sets.
I'm now using b7360
Mac OS Ventura 13.1
Audio Broadcast. I don't use video.
Shoutcast server. Haven't tried Icecast.

Yes I do try to count to about 10 or 15, sometimes it works but most of the time it hasn't been long enough and it crashes.

geposted Sun 18 Dec 22 @ 5:48 am