Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Random missing songs in the VDJ software
katPRO InfinityMember since 2017
So my wife is the VJ/DJ, and I am the tech support. I just got her a new computer and had no choice but to download and install the latest version. I recursed the whole partition where the music is stored, and just randomly she will search for a song she knows she has, because she has played it before, and it doesn't come up. I then use the "Local Music->Hard Drives-> <Letter/Label of partition" to find the song, and it isn't there. For example, the tracks listed will show 1-4, skip 5, and then 6- the end. Then, if I go to Windows explorer and search for it, it shows up, Number 5, right where it should be, between 4 and 6. If I then drag t over to the VDJ deck, it'll play, and then be there the next time I search. I/she cannot be doing all this during gigs! WTF?? This was never a problem before, but the install on the old laptop just updated, and the same songs were missing on that one as well. These are songs we have sung before (karaoke zip files), many times! I would guess that it was something to do with the specific files, except I don't see anything, and they used to play just fine! And a brand new install of Siglos picks them all up just fine when I import the HD there to load/create the DB.

geposted Wed 02 Mar 22 @ 2:22 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
To show zip files in the browser you need to enable the showZipKaraoke option

geposted Wed 02 Mar 22 @ 5:00 am
katPRO InfinityMember since 2017
Of the 87896 files, I see over 81K. Probably 70K of those are zip files. I don't think enabling zip is my problem.

I double checked and both showzip and gettagfromzip are checked yes.

geposted Wed 23 Mar 22 @ 2:41 am