Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: external hard drive
FIGUY28PRO InfinityMember since 2012
I have a 2017 MacBook Pro. connected my external to it and it read my hard rive instantly. I have 2 tb of music and videos combined on a 4tb hard drive. My screen stopped working 2 months ago and I went ahead a purchased the new 2021 MacBook Pro M1 with 16gb memory. when I connected my external to it, it took close to 5 min before my new laptop can read all of the files. is this a virtual dj issue? my new computer is 3 times faster than my 2017 model that went out on me.

geposted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 3:57 pm
Have you tried a second time and it still takes too much time ?

The reason I'm asking is because MAC OS is very picky on whether you eject (unmount) a drive before you disconnect it or not.
So, in case you just had to unplug your drive (without unmounting it) when the screen of your first MAC died, then it's logical that the next time you connect that drive on a MAC computer it will take quite long to initialize since MAC OS performs several checks before it finally exposes the drive on OS and apps.

geposted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 5:38 pm
figuy37Home userMember since 2020
it still reads the external hard drive very slow. are my files to large? especially when I go from mp3 to another folder mp4.do I need a faster hard drive?

geposted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 6:38 pm
figuy37Home userMember since 2020
it looks like it working better. thanks

another question. I want to play videos and I want to make sure all of my settings are correct. high quality videos. thanks

geposted Thu 03 Mar 22 @ 6:55 pm
gsk4225PRO (OEM)Member since 2015
I'm having the same issue. I spent over $6000 on this new MI Mackbook pro. Every time I start up VDJ I get the same slow load for the external hard drive. Is it Monterey? My older MacBook Pro with Catalina loads it much faster. Or is it a database issue? I have to go in an add each folder to db every time I reopen.

geposted Sat 05 Mar 22 @ 6:30 pm