Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Search engine problem
Hello,
I have a problem with the search engine of VDJ 2021. When I write the name of a song, I get another 1895 songs that have nothing to do with what I'm looking for. I have to look for the one I need between all 1895 songs and it takes me a long time.
In the old version, for example VDJ 7, this problem did not exist.
How can I fix this problem
Thanks in advance.

geposted Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 1:26 pm
Post a screenshot?
to get an idea of what you mean, search term and results

geposted Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 2:30 pm
user20841473 wrote :
Hello,
I have a problem with the search engine of VDJ 2021. When I write the name of a song, I get another 1895 songs that have nothing to do with what I'm looking for. I have to look for the one I need between all 1895 songs and it takes me a long time.
In the old version, for example VDJ 7, this problem did not exist.
How can I fix this problem
Thanks in advance.

Apparently it is a problem of slowness in searching and opening folders. This happens with the latest version of VirtualDJ 2021 b6839, the same thing happens to me on a macbook pro, which did not happen with the previous version :(

Check this link in which they published the link of a beta for mac that works without problems
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/245716/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Slow_music_folders.html

geposted Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 3:06 pm
Rune (DJ-In-Norway) wrote :
Post a screenshot?
to get an idea of what you mean, search term and results

I'm looking for - do it to it - and there are 1552 results that have nothing to do with what I'm looking for and between them is what I need but I have to scroll through all the results to find it ... ...

geposted Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 3:20 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
what fields are being searched? a screenshot please of you clicking the dot next to search box

geposted Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 3:27 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you want to search for an exact search term, you can add quotes
"do it" for example

Otherwise it will match the individual words, and madonna contains "do", into contains "to" and you might have it in another search field that you enabled. (You can check which search fields you have enabled at the menu opened with the dot next to the search field.

geposted Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 3:27 pm
On version 7, when I search, the exact track comes out, and on 2021, all kinds of tracks come out

geposted Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 3:33 pm
Adion wrote :
"do it" for example

Otherwise it will match the individual words, and madonna contains "do", into contains "to" and you might have it in another search field that you enabled. (You can check which search fields you have enabled at the menu opened with the dot next to the search field.

Yes, that's how it works, but I have to write every time. "....."

geposted Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 3:41 pm
Adion wrote :
"do it" for example

Is there a setting that can be set instead of quotes every time ?

geposted Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 3:47 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There isn't. If you need quotes around the entire search it's enough to just write 1 at the beginning though

geposted Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 4:03 pm
Adion wrote :
There isn't. If you need quotes around the entire search it's enough to just write 1 at the beginning though

This is very stupid if I have to write quotes every time to give me an exact search and not thousands of files in which there are parts of the demo with which I search.
On virtual 7 how is it done and here is the problem ...
It would be good for the creators to think about this in future updates....
Thanks to everyone who responded. :)

geposted Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 4:21 pm