Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Windows 11 Master and Headphones sound output control issue
My PC was recently upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since that version change I have had issues controlling the sound using a Pioneer DDJ-200 and Gemini Sound G2V controllers with Stereo to Mono splitter. The MASTER volume is playing audio in the headphones output when there is no deck cue selected and also playing sound through the MASTER output. When I select a CUE for the deck playing music and all volume levels for deck 1 and 2 are turned down to 0, the sound plays out of the MASTER output and headphones output. When I connect the same controllers to a PC with Windows 10 I do not have the problem with the output of Headphones CUE when selected and the MASTER volume does not play through the headphones unless the CUE for the deck is selected. What can I do to fix this?

geposted Wed 23 Mar 22 @ 12:07 pm
I'm not familiar with Win11 sound settings (in the OS) but I think that's where your issue starts with.
Take a look at Windows sound settings. If you can't find any suspicious setting I would advise you to get a cheap USB sound interface so that you can run Master + Headphones setup from two cards using Stereo.
Which should be far better than using a Y splitter anyway..

geposted Wed 23 Mar 22 @ 1:17 pm
Thanks for the advice. Apologies for the multiple posts. I did a review of the sound settings between Win 10 and Win 11. I found a setting in Win 11 that is not in Win 10 named "Mono Audio" which was "On". I turned that off and I was able to control the Master and Headphones output. Thanks again @PhantomDeejay.

geposted Wed 23 Mar 22 @ 2:13 pm
Great! :)

geposted Wed 23 Mar 22 @ 7:02 pm