Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sound issues
Hello, I have 2 laptops running Virtual DJ 2021. One is an HP with windows 8.1 and the other is an HP with windows 11. When I plug my Denon MC6000 into the 8.1 windows, everything works perfectly. When I plug my Denon MC6000 into the laptop running windows 11 (same VDJ settings), the volume can be heard on the other deck when I press the cue button. Is there a driver update that I need or do I need to revert back to a previous driver, etc.? I am curious why everything is the same (as far as settings in both computers) but only one has issues making a proper connection. Please let me know if you have any questions, have any advice or need any other information.

Jeff

geposted Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 6:58 pm

geposted Thu 14 Apr 22 @ 7:15 pm
Rune (DJ-In-Norway) wrote :
Probably you just have wrong sound settings in VirtualDJ.
Headphone routed to master output perhaps.

Look in VDJ sound settings, and make sure its correct.
Assuming you mean the MK2 version.

https://virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/denon/mc6000mkii/installation.html

Rune....I actually have the exact same settings on both laptops. I was on with Virtual DJ customer support and they couldn't figure it out also. Any other ideas. The only thing I can think of is that the windows platforms are different because my old windows 8.1 laptop won't work with my new Roland 707m mixer. It doesn't register the laptop in Virtual DJ.

geposted Fri 15 Apr 22 @ 8:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I see in your Account stats that you had tried using ASIO4ALL.
Better uninstall and use the Denon 32/64-bit Windows driver (2015) , from https://www.denondj.com/downloads#legacy
In VirtualDJ Audio setup, you can use the Denon ASIO or the WASAPI as shown in
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/denon/mc6000/advancedsetup.html
Pay attention to the 2 different Audio setups, depending on what you are after.
If there is still no proper channel separation, do this..
Open Windows Sounds and make sure the Denon sound card is not the default Playback/Recording device.

geposted Fri 15 Apr 22 @ 9:52 pm
djronbPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi, is it possible to use DJ Infinity Pro can be used to run on my Denon DJ MC6000, the original mixer not MKII? Thank you.

geposted Mon 18 Apr 22 @ 2:35 pm
djronb wrote :
Hi, is it possible to use DJ Infinity Pro can be used to run on my Denon DJ MC6000, the original mixer not MKII? Thank you.

yes it still works.

geposted Mon 18 Apr 22 @ 2:53 pm
djdad wrote :
I see in your Account stats that you had tried using ASIO4ALL.
Better uninstall and use the Denon 32/64-bit Windows driver (2015) , from https://www.denondj.com/downloads#legacy
In VirtualDJ Audio setup, you can use the Denon ASIO or the WASAPI as shown in
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/denon/mc6000/advancedsetup.html
Pay attention to the 2 different Audio setups, depending on what you are after.
If there is still no proper channel separation, do this..
Open Windows Sounds and make sure the Denon sound card is not the default Playback/Recording device.

THANKS DJ DAD! I WILL TRY CHANGING THE SETTINGS AFTER MY EVENTS THIS WEEKEND. THIS MIGHT BE WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR.

geposted Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 3:55 am
How do I fix playback sound problem on Virtual DJ app? Please help!

geposted Sat 06 May 23 @ 6:39 am
Start by telling us what the problem is, then give details of your personal setup (Mac or PC, operating system, VDJ build/version, audio interface or controller used, audio config etc etc).

geposted Sat 06 May 23 @ 1:37 pm
I have VDJ 8 pro on a Mac book pro and running through a pioneer DJM S9. Sound plays fine while using the physical channel faders and crossfader on the S9 but when I try to adjust the channel volume or cross fade via the mouse pad and on screen controls it will not make adjustments in the sound output. I’ve had this issue once before and did resolve it, but don’t recall how as it was some time ago. I think it was a setting that needed to be changed. Thanks in advance

geposted Fri 19 May 23 @ 7:29 am
suspence1 wrote :
I have VDJ 8 pro on a Mac book pro and running through a pioneer DJM S9. Sound plays fine while using the physical channel faders and crossfader on the S9 but when I try to adjust the channel volume or cross fade via the mouse pad and on screen controls it will not make adjustments in the sound output. I’ve had this issue once before and did resolve it, but don’t recall how as it was some time ago. I think it was a setting that needed to be changed. Thanks in advance

That's how it should be I believe
You audio is probably setup in an external mixer mode, so you are simply outputting each deck, and letting the hardware mixer do the mixing. That also means that the mixer section of VDJ is not in use

geposted Fri 19 May 23 @ 7:39 am
klausmogensen wrote :
suspence1 wrote :

That's how it should be I believe
You audio is probably setup in an external mixer mode, so you are simply outputting each deck, and letting the hardware mixer do the mixing. That also means that the mixer section of VDJ is not in use

You could be right.
Is there a way to let the on screen faders be active? I’m not at the S9 mixer at. The moment but in the past I had them active in such a way where I could adjust them with the hardware fader and if I grabbed the on screen fader and moved it equal the ghosted image of the hardware fader location, it would sync the two and allow the on screen fader to be active. I’d really like to get to that again. Are you referring to the left column “OUTPUT” under the audio settings tab? That is set to ext mixer, the middle column “ card” I’ve tried in both “internal sound card” as well as two sound cards” mode with no change, the S9 option there is grayed out. I think I may not understand the details of the audio settings> outputs drop down menu options.

geposted Sat 20 May 23 @ 2:40 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you use your computer's audio output or a separate sound card as master output and use the S9 only as a midi controller then it can be done by removing the 'fake_*' commands from the ONINIT mapping of the S9.

geposted Sat 20 May 23 @ 6:00 am
DJ50CynPRO SubscriberMember since 2023
aggie10301974 wrote :
Hello, I have 2 laptops running Virtual DJ 2021. One is an HP with windows 8.1 and the other is an HP with windows 11. When I plug my Denon MC6000 into the 8.1 windows, everything works perfectly. When I plug my Denon MC6000 into the laptop running windows 11 (same VDJ settings), the volume can be heard on the other deck when I press the cue button. Is there a driver update that I need or do I need to revert back to a previous driver, etc.? I am curious why everything is the same (as far as settings in both computers) but only one has issues making a proper connection. Please let me know if you have any questions, have any advice or need any other information.

Jeff

I have the same issue using my numark platinum fx

geposted Mon 22 May 23 @ 1:52 am
When I press play button with the mouse or with configured mapping, the music doesn't play immediately as I press it. I want to know what can be the problem

geposted Mon 20 Nov 23 @ 7:15 pm
Audio latency. Are you using ASIO drivers if applicable? (assuming you have a controller)

geposted Mon 20 Nov 23 @ 7:18 pm
Hi , I have an issue. I record a dj mixtape but when I m listening to it I can hear a weird sound like a plastic beg beins squeeze on the all mixtape. Sound like when you are connected to a speaker and you not playing music and you can heard the sound of the speaker

geposted Thu 14 Mar 24 @ 6:36 pm
Are you talking about a sound like headphone driver flex? A crinkling sound? I mean you need to give more info than just what the problem is. You should provide what your audio settings are and what kind of computer and sound card you are using possibly, too. As far as general troubleshooting goes that would probably be a good way to isolate it: does it only happen with specific output types in VirtualDJ? Also are your drivers up to date for your sound card? Does it happen if you increase your audio buffer size? Are your levels peaking when recording? As you can see, the best one can offer is general advice without knowing further details.

geposted Fri 15 Mar 24 @ 4:30 am
I just got a denon sc live 4 , Running it in pc mode with my Windows laptop, when I play mp3s all the vocals are muted. I cant find any settings to correct this. Songs play fine directly from the laptop, but as soon as I connect my sc live , Tracks are muted. Any ideas?

geposted Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 10:57 pm
Sounds like stem separation, so maybe you have the "Vocals" COLORFX assigned to your filter knob and it's turned to the left.

geposted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 10:02 am