Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Songs are being randomly removed from playlist
Has this happened to anyone else? Because this is driving me absolutely insane and almost makes me want to ditch VDJ.

So I'm going through making a playlist, and I'm adding songs by the genre section in the filters. I was doing my thing until I realized that a large number of songs were randomly removed from the playlist when I had just literally added them minutes before. Sometimes it was even whole genres. And like I said, sometimes I would be adding songs and checking to make sure it actually got in the playlist and everything would be fine. Then eventually I would look and see that a large block of songs were no longer in the playlist.

Does VDJ have issues with larger playlists sizes? Because my playlists were only getting up into the 40s - 50s. Maybe I'm adding songs too quickly? I have no idea, like I said its just been super frustrating.

geposted Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 6:50 am
YES!! WTH is going on??
I also use the Recurse feature to re-scan Favourite folders and its NOT finding files that I literally put in there an hour earlier. Windows explorer confirms the files are there. I can drop the file from explorer onto VDJ and it will play fine (So it's not a broken/corrupt file issue)
I'm going crazy. I'm thinking of completely re-setting the entire database and starting over

geposted Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 11:20 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are you using quick filters? Or have show music/video/karaoke buttons switched?

geposted Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 11:45 am
Here is a video I took of one of the two weird things I am seeing (They are related)
https://youtu.be/54eH0YZHHYs
To be clear - I have no filters, I am showing everything. I can 'see' the files when I recurse the drive/favourite but the search turns up nothing. Some time later (?undetermined) the result showing in the recurse also vanishes

geposted Fri 22 Apr 22 @ 6:48 am
The video is not visible (private)

Normally the only way songs that are visible when browsing won't show up when searching is if you used right-click->Remove from search db, or if you have the autoSearchDb option set to No.
In that case it should work to manually add the tracks to the search db again by right-clicking the folder and select add to search db.

geposted Fri 22 Apr 22 @ 6:51 am
I agree with the previous speakers, I saw the same thing on my MacBook...

geposted Fri 22 Apr 22 @ 7:34 am
Adion wrote :
The video is not visible (private)
Fixed

geposted Fri 22 Apr 22 @ 1:13 pm
Try to right-click the file and see if it shows 'Add to Search DB'.
If so it was indeed not in the search database, which as mentioned before should only be happening if you used 'Remove from Search DB' before.

Other than that, the First Seen date on the files is yesterday's date, so if the files in that folder are not actually new then there is another problem reading and/or writing the database on that drive.
Check if the drive has a VirtualDJ folder with a database.xml inside, and if so when it was last modified.

geposted Fri 22 Apr 22 @ 1:23 pm
Adion wrote :

In that case it should work to manually add the tracks to the search db again by right-clicking the folder and select add to search db.

OK I went and did this. Let's see if that changes anything. As to why this suddenly changed between updates though is a mystery

geposted Fri 22 Apr 22 @ 2:44 pm