Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: radio-playout based skin
I host a live national Top 40 show and most radjo automation software just isn't made for what we do, because it's LIVE and that kind of software is written specifically for pre-scheduled, pre-planned boring radio and music programming. We currently have our own software that we've been using since 1994 and it is AMAZING, unlike anything else ever created in the industry... but it's time to upgrade and I really think a modified version of Virtual DJ would be the best option.

Is there anyone who can edit the current 4 deck Professional skin and clean it up a little bit to remove all the buttons you'd never need for radio, and make the waveform smaller and put four decks side by side instead of underneath eachother? I would absolutely use the SkinBuilder myself but that only works with two decks.. I need three or more. Please help and we'll pay good money!!

geposted Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 11:07 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
yes, I can do that, could you make a mock up with microsoft paint, it doesn't have to be pretty just an outline of what is and isn't important, you can pm me or check my profile page for a discord link.

you will be getting a vdj licence ? that's required, I'd be willing to start but once you're happy with screen shots you'd need to have a licence before I can deliver.

geposted Tue 19 Apr 22 @ 11:15 am
Hey! Thanks for the speedy response. Yes, I'll be getting the highest license available. I will put together a Paint file tonight and send it to you ASAP. I don't think it's anything too complicated but I sure the heck can't do (or have time for) HTML editing.

geposted Wed 20 Apr 22 @ 3:11 am
no worries, I'll be interested to see your mock up.
I've made stuff for radio people before [playlist makers, http request to solve mic latency problems] but never a skin, I can only guess what is important and what is superfluous.

geposted Wed 20 Apr 22 @ 3:40 am
One of our members Dan (djtouchdan) broadcasts on internet radio and developed a skin to aid him. It's in the extensions and called Project X 2021 - Broadcaster (not the slider version). In the Layout pulldown menu there is Pro, Performance, Broadcaster & Scratch. The broadcaster has 4 decks onscreen. Worth a look.

It may or may not be what you're looking for but there may be some ideas to glean from it.
Cheers.
Les

geposted Wed 20 Apr 22 @ 8:13 am
Thanks for suggesting that. It looks great but is still too complicated for what we need. Knobs, equalizers, faders and jogwheels are all clutter that we'll never use. It's not an internet radio show so we'd never use the built-in encoder either. Thanks again!!! Stay cool. -mk

geposted Wed 20 Apr 22 @ 9:12 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Would be better to start with a current skin that is close to what you re after and edit it to your needs instead of doing something from scratch.
Check out the Blocks skin (4 Decks Vertical Layout) , hide the mixer if u want, keep or show other panels. If it's close enough, waves can be shorter and browser get bigger height with a small edit.

geposted Wed 20 Apr 22 @ 1:30 pm
Already on with it.

geposted Wed 20 Apr 22 @ 11:48 pm
Can u show the SCREEN of this SKIN ?

geposted Thu 21 Apr 22 @ 7:42 am