Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stems not working with GPU AMD Radeon (Ryzen 5) under windows 11
Hello,
I’m writing for a friend of mine who has bought the Virtual DJ. He has e new Lenovo v15 with a AMD Ryzen 5 (5500U) and a AMD Radeon GPU. The System runs on Windows 11.
After installing Virtual DJ on the machine the system seemed to work fine at first but after a while it kept freezing and stuttering (Performance setting on standard = CPU). We then tried to set it to GPU in the Performance settings. It looked like it solved the problem, but after a while we noticed one little detail.
The stem function wasn`t working anymore. The precompute action works fine, but by playing a song and hitting for example the vocal pad or other it does not change the outcome.
Seems like the stems only work unter CPU setting.

Is there a way for a working workaround? I’ve read, that Nvidia GPUs work better, but it shouldn’t be a limitation when using other GPUs I hope.
Maybe there’s a way to set the normal system life to GPU and the stems to CPU without having the system to crash suddenly?

I didn’t find any similar problem description in the forum so far, so thank you in advance for your help

Greets Peter

geposted Fri 22 Apr 22 @ 11:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The best is to leave the setting automatic, and it will choose the best option for your system.
On Windows that will indeed be CPU unless you have a NVidia GPU.

If you have performance issues while the stems are calculating you could try to set the mathEnginePriority to Low or Idle.
You could also try changing useLowPowerGPU if the laptop has both a onboard gpu and a separate gpu.

If you get audio stuttering you can also try to increase the latency.

geposted Fri 22 Apr 22 @ 11:59 am
Wow, thank you for the quick reply. We will try it 💪

geposted Fri 22 Apr 22 @ 12:13 pm