Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: SCRIPT WRITING GIG
Hi Virtual DJ's

I am new to the software but very excited about the possibilities.

I produce my own music and the sort of control I want is pretty simple conceptually

- basically I want to be able to play my "stems" but have them all synced to one set of time controls ( all play pause, all hot cue, all beat loop etc). That way I can focus on eq, effects, volume etc on an external mixer- I want to be able to jump around and deconstruct my mixes

I guess its a question if its possible? I know the best insights are hard one- but reading through the forums it seems stupid not to seek out an expert with more experience to help me achieve my aims.So I guess that's the gig if anyone is interest? Reach out!

_J

geposted Fri 20 May 22 @ 10:41 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

I've been working on the concept of full separation, and I've done similar in the past before vdj had OS2L, had a smpte timecode track/deck following each music deck.
Image is both A & B decks broken into each stem per deck for full manipulation, but it doesn't need every deck shown, you'll need a serious audio interface [max 10 stereo analog outs]
You can pm me, I have other contact links on my profile page [FB / discord]

geposted Sat 21 May 22 @ 8:04 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Another way would be to create a .vdjstems file, which is just a multi-track mp4 file.
You would have a little bit less control compared to individual decks for each stem, but it might still be enough for your needs.

geposted Sat 21 May 22 @ 8:25 am