Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Why is in new VDJ versions cut/missed most old good plugins?
I use already years VDJ and all works perfectly (with plugins) to time when i download new version. Now i download and install new VDJ2021 (week ago) and most good and working plugins are missing now (or not work anymore). I use like before 64bit win10pro op system. Before we can plugins download and after install separately, now is all possible only by inside programm. Interesting is thing, that if i watch your plugins list with computer i see few plugins what i can` t see inside programm later (if i want it download and use)... why all this now? Before was all ok and 99% plugins working. Now is it much less and not working too correctly!!! I´m dissappointed in moment!

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 8:21 am
Things have moved on. A lot of the 32bit plugins were developed by contributors many years ago who are no longer active.

For VDJ to remain ahead it had to move to 64bit and lose some of the old features.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 8:43 am
Like I said, I used a 64bit system before. The nose is also gone. Example:
1. I can` t use normal logo anymore (like before was ShowLogo8) like I can change place, size itc before. Now i can`t see it inside program, and can`t use it). I can before put 2 logo too and make it transparent itc. Now i can use only 3step size logo, what is inside program...
2. In 4: 3 original video i can before use like mirror screenbars in 16:9 screen (plugin make in both side from screen bars and make it smoothly, i mean not black bars itc.) Now this plugin not work anymore. Is only black bars in 4:3/16:9 automatic choose too not working anymore (bars cut in both side screen if i use 16:9 video) I am oldscool dj and use old videos (not only 16:9 material).
And lot of more lost things....

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 9:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you used 64-bit before then the same plugins should still be available.
Which plugin do you miss for example?

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 9:11 am
I add few things (up), what is for me very important....

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 9:32 am
ShowLogo8 was never available for 64-bit from extensions, so I guess you were using the 32-bit version of vdj before.
It's also not really needed anymore. The default videoLogo options should be the same, and it supports transparent jpg/gif files as well.
You can also use the sampler if you need to show multiple logo's at specific locations.

The Blur Black Bars is still available in 64-bit version too, and works the same as in 32-bit

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 9:33 am
Only reason is that i use in my 64bit PC 32bit VDJ program before. Like You tell...
I want be use bars what is transparent, not black!
That original logo what is inside program is like it is. I must make logo size so, that it is be with bars itc if i want that logo was in normal size in screen and 3 steps is too robust and i not can change the place. How i say, You have in list LOGO plugin but it not work. Just i see it in my PC but inside VDJ i can`t see it anymore (for use)!

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 9:46 am
And why You not want make more plugins for user then... You can modified it for new versions too... is it to hard for You (who make changes)? Is all old members too pléasure and You be not have so lot stupid questions itc. Before if i rememb was your system like open code sources and members can make own add to programm....

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 9:56 am
64 bit Windows can run both 32 bit and 64 bit applications.

32 bit applications cannot access 64 bit extensions (or drivers etc)

64 bit applications cannot access 32 bit extensions (or drivers etc)

VirtualDj 2021 is a 64 bit application.
It is not available as a 32 bit application.
So, VirtualDj 2021 cannot access 32 bit plug-ins, extensions or drivers on your system.

It doesn't matter that your OS was (and still is) 64 bit. That only means that it's capable of running 64 bit applications.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 9:56 am
sumomiiz wrote :
And why You not want make more plugins for user then... You can modified it for new versions too... is it to hard for You (who make changes)? Is all old members too pléasure and You be not have so lot stupid questions itc. Before if i rememb was your system like open code sources and members can make own add to programm....

It is still possible for users to create their own plugins. That's exactly the reason why some plugins are not available in 64-bit. They were not made by us, and the original users creating the plugin didn't make an updated plugin available yet.

The Blur Black Bar plugin does exactly what you want. It replaces the black bar with a blurred version of the sides of the video.

If you still prefer to use the 32-bit version, it is still available for download, but it does not include stems.
https://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 10:01 am
BTW:
While a lot of plug-ins (like ShowLogo8) were user made due to VirtualDj's open SDK, their source code was not provided to VirtualDj, but was kept by their creators.
This means that VirtualDj cannot modify any of these extensions.
It's up to each of the plug-ins developer to modify their code and provide 64 bit compatibility/variants of their plug-in.
A plug-in is just like a black box with some handles.
You can manipulate it, but no one besides its developer knows what happens inside.
VirtualDj plug-ins were never open source in strict technical manners.
Open source means that everyone would be able to see/access their source code.
Obviously that's not the case.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 10:04 am
Ok, i understood but please last few question.
1. Why i see that LOGO plugin in my PC but not can`t see it in VDJ programm (in extensions)?
2. Is it possible that You self (like Product owner) make too new plugins for members in the near future?

One problem more: If I choose dualShaders plugin, i can`t take it back to picture because inside plugin not work off button. I can`t off it manually because in screen work plugin ahead and i can it off only if i close the full VDJ program and open it again.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 10:08 am
A lot of the features that required plugins previously are now integrated in the main program so an extension is no longer required.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 10:22 am
kradcliffe wrote :
A lot of the features that required plugins previously are now integrated in the main program so an extension is no longer required.

I know that. Because i ask, that in PC i see plugin but inside program i can`t see it anymore (for example LOGO plugin). Just missed inside program.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 10:25 am

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 10:31 am
Ok, I read another post too and understood now.... thank you all for the answers...

One word, is like is and possibilty hope to better in future....

Thanks to all :)

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 10:39 am