Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon MCX 8000 not visible as compatible device in mapping
Hello,

Gear:
- MacBook air (M1, 2020) with macOS Monterey (v12.4)
- denon MCX 8000 (firmware MCU version 2073)
- virtual dj pro license (v.8.5-arm b6978)

Last year I bought a new MacBook (previous MacBook pro 2017) and I dropped all my files , programs and apps via iCloud on the new airbook, included virtual dj. I can use VDJ on the airbook.
It has been a while (a year) that I used virtual dj in combination with the denon controller. But since I have a gig next month I wanted to exercise again (combi VDJ & denon).
Now I can't get the mapping of denon MCX8000 in vdj when I connect the controller. It still works (mapping visible) with my previous MacBook (I can't use the MacBook any longer because of charging issues). The audio settings are automaticly and ok.
I don't know how to get the denon mcx8000 visible in the mapping dropdown in order to "control" it with my nex airbook.

ps: I also wanted to update the denon to firmware 2.5 but I can't get the MCX8000_Firmware_v2.5.bin file unrapped (it has a non-supported structure - even with the unarchiver).

I am passionate with music but a simple mind on software-knowledge.

Thanks for your help or suggestions.

Grtz,Bart (Belgium - Vlaanderen)

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 11:10 am
I don't know if updating the firmware is critical or not, but have you tried to run VitualDJ via Rosetta (Not as a native M1/ARC application) ?

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 11:47 am
Thanks for the tip but denon MCX8000 does not appear in mapping after opening with Rosetta.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 1:19 pm
Phantomdeejay, many thanks you saved my gig.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 22 @ 3:57 pm