Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: As a PRO Infinity License Owner
Why is it so hard to broadcast to social media such as Facebook, etc? Why should we as purchased license holders have the option to broadcast on their platform? Is it because VDJ doesn't want to pay for the royalties to broadcast the catalog of music we all spin, or is it that Facebook and other platform don't want us to play the genre we spin. We all know that there's a law not to play copywritten material, but that's beside the point, a lot of us purchased the music to play as we please and for our personal catalog. And I see so many other DJs on social media that spin all the time and don't get MUTED or BLOCKED on social media. And why do we have a Video Feed within our license if we can't use it on social media? I'm puzzled at this point. Can someone collaborate on this issue?

geposted Sun 26 Jun 22 @ 1:43 pm
And is there a way to broadcast on social media that some of us are not seeing or being shared information?

geposted Sun 26 Jun 22 @ 1:45 pm
IAmUnkTheCEO wrote :
that's beside the point

No it isn't. That's the law of the land.

In most cases, the music we play is owned by the artist or label. It doesn't belong to us, therefore we can't just do what we like with it - such as broadcasting.

Even if you did have a license to broadcast the music, Facebook is not really the place to do that. It's a web site for people to create a home page. It's not a radio station or music platform.

geposted Sun 26 Jun 22 @ 1:51 pm
But why do we have a VIDEO LICENSE to broadcast and there's no place to perform that?

geposted Sun 26 Jun 22 @ 2:23 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which license to broadcast did you purchase?

As far as I know, unless you are very famous and have some contact at facebook there's no way to let facebook know about any license to broadcast you might have.
This means that it depends on the labels Facebook has made agreements with, which may also vary based on the country you are broadcasting in.

Different streaming platforms have different agreements, so you may have to check which platform works best for the music you want to play.

You could also choose to play only your own music, or find license-free music to play.

geposted Sun 26 Jun 22 @ 2:49 pm
IAmUnkTheCEO wrote :
But why do we have a VIDEO LICENSE to broadcast

What "video license"?

If you've bought a VirtualDJ license, that's just for the software.

That doesn't entitle you to broadcast video or audio anywhere you like.

geposted Sun 26 Jun 22 @ 6:11 pm
Adion wrote :
Which license to broadcast did you purchase?

As far as I know, unless you are very famous and have some contact at facebook there's no way to let facebook know about any license to broadcast you might have.
This means that it depends on the labels Facebook has made agreements with, which may also vary based on the country you are broadcasting in.

Different streaming platforms have different agreements, so you may have to check which platform works best for the music you want to play.

You could also choose to play only your own music, or find license-free music to play.

I had a (ACAP license(cost me 300.00 a year)*** They base on how many plays each year***for years about 3 years. It was specify for broadcasting live on the internet(website). But they limitations some Artist/record label,etc. still don't want to give license for years, so there are still some you can NOT have a licenses, I wanted to add another license from BMI, but when I reached out to them they did not offer that type of licenses at that time (2years ago), But they asked me what platform I was using to broadcast with (LIVE), I told them YouTube, they responded say since I was broadcasting with YouTube, I could use YouTube Licenses , because YouTube has license's with ACAP BMI, but there are still exceptions, like I said before, some Artist/ Record label- some licenses are good in some countries, and some not, But YouTube pays a lot for licenses, and they have the most licenses more any other platform for the internet. BMI offer's different license ---"quote from the email they sent me---Unfortunately, BMI only provides licenses for the public performance of music. In terms of public performance"
*** from 2018 email ***I hope this email finds you well today. Unfortunately, BMI only provides licenses for the public performance of music. In terms of public performance, licensing is generally handled by the website from which music is made available. For example, Youtube is currently licensed with BMI for public performances of music on their platform and within their embedded players on third-party websites. If YouTube embeds are the only music on your website or you are only uploading videos to your YouTube channel, you are not responsible for licensing with BMI to obtain public performance rights for the video(s).

Here is more from BMI!! quote***However, in order to use music in conjunction with visual images or to use sound recordings, you may need to seek permission from the applicable music publisher(s) and record label(s) for additional rights including synchronization rights and master use rights. For your convenience, publisher contact information for songs in the BMI Repertoire is available on our website via our "Repertoire Search". If you need further assistance in locating complete publisher information, you can contact our Research Department and call our BMI repertoire information hotline at 1-800-800-9313 where you can request information on 3 song titles per call. Please contact the publishers and labels directly for these rights.
here is another cut & paste from my email.

DigitalLicensing <digitallicensing@bmi.com>
Mar 29, 2018, 5:36 PM
to me

Hey Scotty,

geposted Tue 05 Jul 22 @ 6:00 pm
IAmUnkTheCEO wrote :
Why is it so hard to broadcast to social media such as Facebook, etc? Why should we as purchased license holders have the option to broadcast on their platform? Is it because VDJ doesn't want to pay for the royalties to broadcast the catalog of music we all spin, or is it that Facebook and other platform don't want us to play the genre we spin. We all know that there's a law not to play copywritten material, but that's beside the point, a lot of us purchased the music to play as we please and for our personal catalog. And I see so many other DJs on social media that spin all the time and don't get MUTED or BLOCKED on social media. And why do we have a Video Feed within our license if we can't use it on social media? I'm puzzled at this point. Can someone collaborate on this issue?

I had a (ACAP license(cost me 300.00 a year)*** They base on how many plays each year***for years about 3 years. It was specify for broadcasting live on the internet(website). But they limitations some Artist/record label,etc. still don't want to give license for years, so there are still some you can NOT have a licenses, I wanted to add another license from BMI, but when I reached out to them they did not offer that type of licenses at that time (2years ago), But they asked me what platform I was using to broadcast with (LIVE), I told them YouTube, they responded say since I was broadcasting with YouTube, I could use YouTube Licenses , because YouTube has license's with ACAP BMI, but there are still exceptions, like I said before, some Artist/ Record label- some licenses are good in some countries, and some not, But YouTube pays a lot for licenses, and they have the most licenses more any other platform for the internet. BMI offer's different license ---"quote from the email they sent me---Unfortunately, BMI only provides licenses for the public performance of music. In terms of public performance"
*** from 2018 email ***I hope this email finds you well today. Unfortunately, BMI only provides licenses for the public performance of music. In terms of public performance, licensing is generally handled by the website from which music is made available. For example, Youtube is currently licensed with BMI for public performances of music on their platform and within their embedded players on third-party websites. If YouTube embeds are the only music on your website or you are only uploading videos to your YouTube channel, you are not responsible for licensing with BMI to obtain public performance rights for the video(s).

Here is more from BMI!! quote***However, in order to use music in conjunction with visual images or to use sound recordings, you may need to seek permission from the applicable music publisher(s) and record label(s) for additional rights including synchronization rights and master use rights. For your convenience, publisher contact information for songs in the BMI Repertoire is available on our website via our "Repertoire Search". If you need further assistance in locating complete publisher information, you can contact our Research Department and call our BMI repertoire information hotline at 1-800-800-9313 where you can request information on 3 song titles per call. Please contact the publishers and labels directly for these rights.
here is another cut & paste from my email.

DigitalLicensing <digitallicensing@bmi.com>
Mar 29, 2018, 5:36 PM
to me

Hey Scotty,

geposted Tue 05 Jul 22 @ 6:03 pm