Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ddj 1000 & virtual Dj , standalone mixer feature
neo1983PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello , i would like to know if i can use the mixer of the ddj 1000 (not srt) as a standalone mixer and the decks as midi players when im using Virtual dj . ( Not external inputs )

geposted Mon 11 Jul 22 @ 1:42 pm
Your full question doesn't make much sense. Anyway here's how things work:

1) You can use DDJ-1000 as a hardware/standalone mixer to blend analog audio that you connect on it's input channels

2) You cannot use DDJ-1000 as a hardware/standalone mixer to blend DIGITAL audio (the audio sent to the unit through it's own sound interface). Not just with VirtualDJ, but with ANY software on the planet. That's because DDJ-1000 offers 4 audio channels via USB that are internally connected on MASTER and on HEADPHONES outputs. There's no way to route that sound to a channel.

3) With enough remapping, you can make DDJ-1000 to work with VirtualDJ with "hardware/standalone" mixer. However that requires a separate (external) audio interface that will then get connected to the analog inputs of DDJ-1000.

4) You can use DDJ-1000 as both a "software/MIDI" mixer with VirtualDJ (or Rekordbox DJ or any other software ) and as a hardware/stand alone mixer for analog sources mixing at the same time out of the box.

I hope those 4 points answered somehow your question.

geposted Tue 12 Jul 22 @ 1:06 am