Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Effect strength different on Platinum FX controller and VDJ software
Hey y'all, so this is my first controller, so I don't know if this is an issue on other controllers, but I have a Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX and when I switch between effects, VDJ does not update the strength of the effect based on where the knob is currently set, it reverts back to whatever the level was the last time I used that particular effect. For instance if I set echo down to 0 the last time I used it, switched to reverb and brought it up to 70% on my controller, turn it off, and switch back to echo...the knob is now at 70% but VDJ has echo at 0% until I move the knob again.

Is there any way to change this so that the software always matches the hardware? I really dislike the way this works and have screwed up several times by focusing on my controller and not noticing the software levels are different.

geposted Tue 12 Jul 22 @ 8:48 pm
I believe this is because certain controllers do not send continuous information about the knob position. This means that when you switch FX, the knob is not sending position info until it is moved.

It's a limitation of the controller, not VDJ.

geposted Thu 14 Jul 22 @ 8:47 am
Thanks, I thought that might be the case, but I wasn't positive. Because I haven't used another controller I was unsure if this was how things always work or if maybe there was a setting I could change. I will contact Numark and see if they have anything to say about it.

groovindj wrote :
I believe this is because certain controllers do not send continuous information about the knob position. This means that when you switch FX, the knob is not sending position info until it is moved.

It's a limitation of the controller, not VDJ.

geposted Thu 14 Jul 22 @ 6:30 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
vdj can do it,
think about what you want;
remember the SW position of a dial [vdj can do with a rsi, or even a save mech scripted to the HW dial, HW dial probably better]
when plugin changes [can be monitored] apply the saved value to the new plugin dial.

this isn't new, it's been user possible for a long time, but there are users; new, don't get script, don't want to script.
probably something that could be baked into the program as a setting, but also something you could do yourself.

geposted Thu 14 Jul 22 @ 7:59 pm