Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video output stops when I connect with VDJRemote App
kzanardPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have 2021 Macbook Pro running latest VDJ build and I usually have my own wi-fi network (no internet connection) on an Apple Airport extreme. I will be running video output fine. Then, I connect one of my iOS (phone or iPAD) devices running VDJ Remote and within 5-10 seconds the video output changes from the video playing in VDJ to the Macbook desktop. (**I recently upgraded from VDJ 2018 and I did not have any issues when I was running the older software.)

I must close out the Remote App before VDJ will allow video output to resume.

I was able to get the VDJ Remote to work OK in one venue where there was a strong wi-fi signal from another network that DID have internet connection. Must I have internet on my network to use VDJ Remote?

geposted Mon 18 Jul 22 @ 9:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
kzanard wrote :
... Must I have internet on my network to use VDJ Remote?

No.

As for your issue, not sure, but perhaps it's related to Wireless Video output, and your iPad is considered a Display monitor.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM42WnkWcew

Next time, right-click on the Master video panel on the skin and choose your secondary display/monitor instead.

geposted Mon 18 Jul 22 @ 10:30 pm
kzanardPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djdad wrote :
kzanard wrote :
... Must I have internet on my network to use VDJ Remote?

No.

As for your issue, not sure, but perhaps it's related to Wireless Video output, and your iPad is considered a Display monitor.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM42WnkWcew

Next time, right-click on the Master video panel on the skin and choose your secondary display/monitor instead.

Thanks. Will try looking at these settings when I have a sec.

geposted Tue 19 Jul 22 @ 4:01 pm
When is the remote app getting updated?

Promise after promise but still nothing. It's embarrassingly out of date now.

geposted Tue 19 Jul 22 @ 4:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
And how is this related to the reported issue ?

geposted Tue 19 Jul 22 @ 9:04 pm