Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Removing Deck infomation on Pro Jogwheels
Hello
I have a Numark Mix track Platinum FX controller (With the screens) but i was wondering if it is possible via the XML or something whether i can remove the Deck InfoMation from the Jog wheels on my laptop screen so i just have the needle spinning around as i want to be focusing on using the information on the controller screens. For reference i have attached a photo of how i want the software to look when the controller is connected

geposted Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 11:43 am
Why do you don't use this setting?

geposted Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 11:48 am
Yes, there is actually a Layout setting for that, so you don't even need to mess with the XML:

EDIT: Denny was faster :)

geposted Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 11:48 am
i'll try it. but i wanted to customize the interface alittle

geposted Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 1:18 pm
Okay if i am going to use the software as you suggested (which may be better off in reality) is there a way where i can get the time show the elapsed time only so the controller shows the remaining time and the skin shows the elapsed time. At the moment the skin is allowing me to view it as Remain,Total or Remain and elapsed or Remain only?. I just want it to show the elapsed time only

I tried looking in settings but the option there didn't do anything :(

geposted Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 1:27 pm
for change the timer you must edit the Pro.XML

Search this for the left player: line 2094

<panel name="timer_three_[PANELNAME]" group="decktimer_[PANELNAME]" visible="no">
<textzone>
<pos x="+5" y="+0"/>
<size width="44" height="34"/>
<text fontsize="10" color="textdarker" align="left" weight="" text="REMAIN" localize="true"/>
</textzone>
<textzone>
<pos x="+8+40+4" y="+0"/>
<size width="60" height="34"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="textoff2" align="center" weight="bold" action="get_time 'remain'"/>
</textzone>
</panel>

Search this for the right player: line 3034

<panel name="timer_three_[PANELNAME]" group="decktimer_[PANELNAME]" visible="no">
<textzone>
<pos x="+6+60" y="+0"/>
<size width="45" height="34"/>
<text dx="+4" fontsize="10" color="textdarker" align="right" weight="" text="REMAIN" localize="true"/>
</textzone>
<textzone>
<pos x="+6" y="+0"/>
<size width="60" height="34"/>
<text fontsize="18" color="textoff2" align="center" weight="bold" action="get_time 'elapse'"/>
</textzone>
</panel>

change

text="REMAIN" to text="ELAPSED"
action="get_time 'remain'" to action="get_time 'elapse'"

after change you must reload the skin (change to an other) or restart VDJ

geposted Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 2:45 pm
Thankyou it worked

geposted Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 4:47 pm
a bit of a silly one but i noticed on the outer ring that rotates it dosen't rotate very smoothly like the FPS is very low so to speak so i was wondering if there is a way in the mapping to make the outer ring rotate round abit smoother

geposted Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 5:55 pm
Show in the options and type fps. There are a option skinFPS.

geposted Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 7:21 pm
yeah i know that's for the software itself which is set 60 FPS which is good. what i meant was can the same
thing be done for the screens on the Platinumn FX?

if not then it's not a big deal

geposted Sun 09 Oct 22 @ 1:13 am