Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DataBase.xml, field for format (karaoke, music, video).
Hello, I've created a web-based queuing / requests system for DJ's and Karaoke Hosts and would like to add an option for VDJ users to upload their database.xml rather than having to use the browser view export option (which works fine FYI). Looking at the XML structure I have not been able to determine if there is a way to tell if the song node is karaoke, music, or a video. The best I can guess is that it's part of the mysterious "flag" field. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong XML as well, there seem to be a few fields missing.

geposted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 6:32 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's indeed in the flag,

0x40 = Video,
0x20 = Karaoke

geposted Mon 14 Nov 22 @ 6:50 am
Adion, thank you!

0x40 | Flag="64" | video
0x20 | Flag="32" | karaoke
0X01 | Flag="1" | music

What's confusing now is that I sometimes see this flag in the parent node, "song" but then it's sometimes in the child node, "Tags", no biggie, I can figure out some sort of logic for that.

Also, wondering why some don't have Author or Title?

Got any other database nuggets of wisdom you care to share?

geposted Tue 15 Nov 22 @ 2:28 am
the flag in tags is a different flag, with different values, don't mix both.

geposted Tue 15 Nov 22 @ 9:21 am
I think the only reliable method is the export option, which is fine, I was just trying to save my users from extra steps and more instructions. The export browser view is very powerful which is great but that requires our users to follow instructions which as any developer knows, even with the best and easiest steps there will be users that blow up your tech support with the stupidest questions.

geposted Wed 16 Nov 22 @ 1:09 am