Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 - Freezing Mid Set & Sound Stopping
Hi All, I was looking for any advice please.

I have a Macbook Pro 2014 and I use VDJ8 along with a Pioneer DDJ 400 Controller.
I have been using the MacBook for DJ-ing in Clubs/Festivals for around 5 years and working with the Pioneer DDJ 400 for around 2 years.
I have never had any problems or issues until October 2022.

Twice while playing out the sound has just simply 'cut' and VDJ has become unresponsive for around 30-60 seconds until I restart the problem. It maybe mind playing tricks but I am sure before it cuts the graphics within VDJ seem to start to look like they are 'lagging'.
I can't find any rhyme or reason for this - VDJ and the MacBook work fine when I am at home so I have started to wonder if the power travelling through the Controller/System has become too great - but I can't understand why this has only started happening now - especially when the nightclub mixers are all the same with a DJM-900 on most occasions.

I took my macbook into an apple store and they have run full hardware tests which have showed no problems. They didn't want to suggest a factory reset as I am only having this issue with VDJ but suggested I reached out on here for any support around this. Has there been any VDJ or Apple updates which have caused anyone else problems etc.? Are there any fixes I should be considering.

Thanks in advance for any help.

geposted Tue 15 Nov 22 @ 6:46 pm
I have a MacBook Pro 2019 running Monterey 12.6
16gb ram
4gb dedicated video ram

I started having the same issue today however I'm using the DDJ-800. I thought maybe it was the Latest release so I went back to VDJ 2018 and it still did it. My pioneer drivers are all top to date and this makes no sense. Ive been using this controller weekly and all of a sudden today this start happening. the whole program just freezes and music continues to play for a few seconds then everything stop for like 10 seconds and then goes right back to where ti left off.

HELP!

geposted Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 3:14 am