Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: virtual dj keeps freezing randomly
hi team
virtual DJ keeps freezing randomly while playing
it plays the music and suddenly it freezes for about 5 seconds and then is continue to play again
it happens 4 to 5 times during gigs its relly frustrating.
i use an Alienware laptop
i7 8th gen
16 gb ram
2tb m.2 ssd
windows 10 pro
pioneer ddj sz

any help will bring the trust i have to this great software that I've been using since vdj4

thx all in advance

geposted Thu 01 Dec 22 @ 9:16 am
Hi it happened to me you have to get updated check for updates .. It happened to me.also my pc was updated after.. No problem now..

geposted Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 12:14 pm
Are you using vdj21 or vdj23? I’ve just recently updated to vdj and on a new Mac book pro & had the same issue last night doin my first gig with the new system.

Very frustrating, it didn’t seem to have any CPU overload showing, I have 32Gb Ram and an M1Pro processor so i can’t imagine Im pushing it too hard

geposted Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 4:38 pm
actually, it happens even when my apps and ios are updated
i thought it was my windows laptop issue
but it happened with my macbook pro i7 too
it makes me feer to use vdj in gigs or club
the isuue was in 2021
just updated to 2023 last night and i will give it a try
hope its fixed

geposted Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 11:47 am
it did happen to me even with the new 2023 update
i don't know what's the issue that causes this
any help will be appreciated

geposted Mon 19 Dec 22 @ 2:14 pm
j1982PRO SubscriberMember since 2022
ive just had the same issue since doing the latest update, been told my laptop does not have the enough memory or a big enough graphics card for the new stems that has been added, i have reverted back to a previous version see if that will help, laptops only a month old im not getting a new one any time soon.

geposted Mon 19 Dec 22 @ 7:37 pm
hi again
i had the same issue again with the latest update
i have an alienware laptop with the latest specs so am sure its not from the laptop or its components
its frustrating really and embarrassing
need help from vdj team or any member
thx in advance

geposted Sun 15 Jan 23 @ 5:06 pm
if your not using stems try disabling real time stems in options set to precompute

i don't see any mention of a discrete graphics card is why i make this recommendation :-)

geposted Sun 15 Jan 23 @ 6:50 pm
wickedmix wrote :
if your not using stems try disabling real time stems in options set to precompute

i don't see any mention of a discrete graphics card is why i make this recommendation :-)

this issue was showing even in previous builds since 2021
plus my laptop is 2022 model still new with 3080 nvedia card
there is something with vdj or drivers that makes it freeze for 5 seconds while playing then continue playing again
and the issue is in sound not only the interface of vdj
the sound freeze too

geposted Mon 16 Jan 23 @ 8:22 am
I had the same issue on a RTX3080 top spec laptop I sent back and it was purely bad latency from the laptop video drivers.

geposted Mon 16 Jan 23 @ 9:16 am
after some research, I think its an issue that most virus protection apps are responsible for
like AVG antivirus and AVAST antivirus. Latency MON showed me the files names though,
it keeps 1 or 2 files eating the CPU resources and increases it to 100%

geposted Fri 12 May 23 @ 6:24 pm
I had that happen to me a year or so ago... even posted on here about it. I'm using a DELL G3 entry level gaming laptop. (i5, 16gb, 500G SSD). What I had to do was 1st. Go uninstall the VDJ through programs/features, then download and do a fresh install. That cut the freezing in half. Then uninstall all DELL Support software. I also use my music on an external drive. I swapped it to an SSD and fixed everything. In my case, I think some of it came down to the DELL not being able to power the external HD because since doing that, I've not had so much as an uninteded chirp out of the sound, where I'd get a stutter before. I do agree with you that your Anti-virus might be an issue too... Try setting up and letting your PC power up and do it's startup scan for say, 30 minutes before using it... see if that helps.

geposted Fri 19 May 23 @ 1:03 pm
So I've used Intel for the past 15 Years and never had the issue, Asus I7, 16GB, 4TB 3000mbps SSDHD all up to date. After switching to AMD Ryzen 16GB, 4TB 3000mbps SSDHD I started having this issue. After all updates and drivers settings, It still acted stupid out of the blue at any given time. Than I realized it was conflicting with (C-Media Audio R) audio card driver that has option various options "Noise Cancelation, Extender, Bass, Dolby" ect..... Turn it all off. Disable all enhancements. Be sure to select your active controller,
RANE, PIONEER, NUMARK, DENON, ASIO only. Monitor CPU AND LOAD a big track like a 60 min mix ect... while playing the other deck to be sure its not cpu overload. I wish you guys the best!!! & keep mixin it up ;)

geposted Sat 23 Mar 24 @ 3:10 am