Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: [solved] Virtual dj 2023 not linking to my documents file
I updated virtual dj 2023 and for some reason it's not linking to my documents/virtual dj folder
So i can not see my playlist, my controllers, saved skins... etc..
any thoughts??
i had to re download 2021 and it worked as normal
and delete 2023

geposted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 1:34 am
virtualdj 2023 is picking up the home folder of an appstore version you also have (or had) installed.
delete the folder
~/Library/Containers/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj/Data/Library/Application Support/VirtualDJ/
and it should correctly use your
~/Documents/VirtualDJ
where you have all your files.

geposted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 11:09 am

geposted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 2:01 pm
Thanks, I had the same problem and this early access version fixed it again.
My playlist etc were also stored under my documents instead of that library folder.

geposted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 4:49 pm
Stephane Clavel wrote :
virtualdj 2023 is picking up the home folder of an appstore version you also have (or had) installed.
delete the folder
~/Library/Containers/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj/Data/Library/Application Support/VirtualDJ/
and it should correctly use your
~/Documents/VirtualDJ
where you have all your files.

This did not work for me. I have a brand new M2 Macbook Pro.
does not exist. I'm not able to use 2023 (which I bought this laptop for,) because it won't use the Documents/VirtualDJ folder. I manually copied the folder contents from my old Mac to the new one, but it's not using it. Any help would be appreciated, since I'm stuck at the moment.

I've also deleted, restarted, downloaded the latest version, and nothing has changed.

geposted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 5:52 am
Nevermind. I found it under a slightly different path in the Library. Thanks!

geposted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 6:16 am
it uses the old document folder only for backward compatibility if you had VirtualDJ 2021 installed before.
if you install VirtualDJ 2023 on a new laptop, it’s going to use the default folder which is ~/Library/Application Support/VirtualDJ/

to access this folder, run VirtualDJ, go in settings, select the Options page, and click in the small gear icon on the lower right corner.

You can then copy all your files there from your old laptop and all will work.

(alternatively, if you already copied your files in Documents/VirtualDJ, you can just delete the settings.xml file in this Library folder (while virtualdj is not running), and that will force virtualdj to use Documents instead)

geposted Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 6:17 am
After converting my mp3 file to stemfile, I see in my songsfolder a second file added, a stemfile. My mp3 is 4.59mb and stemfile 20,3mb. Is it normal that the stemfile so much bigger is?
Hmm This is only one song. What after converting my Library!!

geposted Tue 20 Dec 22 @ 7:52 pm
Yes, that's normal as it has to create multiple stems.

geposted Tue 20 Dec 22 @ 7:58 pm
please @Patrickgoins1 kindly help in which part because am having same issue please kindly help

regard

geposted Sat 06 May 23 @ 10:18 am
I’m having the same issue after updating vdj, my playlist are still in vdj documents but vdj program is not recognizing it. I need help changing the file path.Path: C:lUsersIROHANIAppDatalLocallVirtualDJ
(Playlists) That’s what it says now.

geposted Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 8:07 pm
pletrasHome userMember since 2014
user22424522 wrote :
Nevermind. I found it under a slightly different path in the Library. Thanks!

Hello, can you please help me, Mac M2 where can i put my custom mapping?
Thanks.

geposted Thu 07 Sep 23 @ 6:06 pm
Go to settings > options and click the cog in the bottom right corner. That will take you to the home folder location.

geposted Thu 07 Sep 23 @ 6:11 pm