Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Has something changed with track analyzing?
I wrote a post a few weeks ago about my 1st beat missing when using stems on some tracks to drop the vocal and loop the intro. It was suggested that the tracks was showing a bit of green on the 1st beat, indicating it was analyzed as vocal, therefore it was being subtracted from the mix in the above scenario.

After going through a few more songs, I believe that is exactly the case. Which leads me to the question, has VDJ analysis always yielded this result? I mean I'm analyzing tracks with 32 beat music intros with absolutely no vocal, but VDJ is seeing the first kick drum beat as a vocal. It's noticeable in a loop.

Anybody else experience this?

geposted Sun 18 Dec 22 @ 2:20 am
Rather than just saying "some tracks" do this, or that you went through "more songs", it would beneficial to provide details of which tracks exhibit this behavoir. Artist, title etc.

That way, other people can try it out, and the devs can work on a solution directly with the problem tracks.

geposted Sun 18 Dec 22 @ 9:40 am
groovindj wrote :
Rather than just saying "some tracks" do this, or that you went through "more songs", it would beneficial to provide details of which tracks exhibit this behavoir. Artist, title etc.

That way, other people can try it out, and the devs can work on a solution directly with the problem tracks.

I actually posted one of them in a video in the thread where the issue was actually pinpointed. Here's the link to the video I posted in that thread (that you actually responded to).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaxaobfc5mk

Anyway,
There are MANY songs in my library that I see this with. The one theme I generally see is that it occurs mostly on the "INTRO" version of songs. It happens much less frequently on the original versions. But the INTRO versions from many different sources are displaying this white noise on the first beat.

I went to Serato for a reference, and the same tracks don't display that white noise, and the same loop has a strong kick beat, even with the acapella dropped out.

geposted Mon 19 Dec 22 @ 11:17 pm