Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: WINDOWS 11 - Controller only available as WASAPI
Hey there,

I recently bought a Numark Mixtrack Platinum FX. It's a great Controller and the Experience with VDJ is just great. In the Audio-Settings i find the Platinum FX only with (WASAPI) Option, not an ASIO one, as if Windows 11 is using the Soundcard of the Controller somehow. I checked the Windows-Audio-Settings and managed to turn off that annoying default-switching of soundcard when connecting the controller. The WASAPI-Mode still is the only thing in VDJ i can choose. Having a Serato-Version as well i checked for sound quality and noticed a difference. I turned on useSoundCardExclusively in the VDJ-Settings, which gave me some improvement, but still, i think sound quality on serato is superior and i think its because of WASAPI. I really want to use VDJ instead of Serato.

geposted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 9:44 am
Did you check the Numark ASIO drivers will work with Windows 11?

Both VDJ and Serato will be using the same interface so I guess it depends which sound you prefer.

In my experience there is little or no difference in quality between using either the WASAPI or ASIO drivers at all.

geposted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 10:36 am
@KRADCLIFFE: Thanks. That's what i wanted to mention as well, but forgot:
I cannot really say, if the output quality is *really* worse - atm it's more just a "feeling". Numark seems to be compatible with Windows 11 whatsoever.

Maybe i will record my Output (directly, not through internal recording) from both and compare them directly to get a clearer idea, if i really have a problem or just some shitty bias in my head :D

geposted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 10:54 am
I don't think ASIO drivers exists for that controller. That has become very common for newer entry and mid level controllers, because WASAPI is now considered to be good enough (starting from Win10)

In that case, both Serato and VDJ will use the same WASAPI setup on windows

geposted Wed 21 Dec 22 @ 12:04 pm