Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: How to turn off the mic while recording mixes
bnksmbPRO InfinityMember since 2014
The software has MIC ON, MIC OFF feature but when I click the box for MIC OFF and use the mic while recording my mixes, my voice still comes across on the recordings.

What is the actual purpose of this feature and, is there actually a way to record a set, talk to the crowd, but my voice not come across in the playbacks?

I am using a Pioneer DDJ 1000SRT controller.

geposted Thu 29 Dec 22 @ 10:29 pm

geposted Thu 29 Dec 22 @ 11:56 pm
bnksmbPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I believe you are 100% correct. I thought the same thing ,but the ON/OFF feature had me thinking deep.
A USB mic may have made sense but every time I plugged in my analog mic, I questioned how the software could mute it.

Appreciate the insight. Have a great NYE, wherever you are DJing!

geposted Fri 30 Dec 22 @ 12:30 am
Yes, the mic is not routed thru the VDJ mic channel, but because there's a 'record' feed going back into VDJ from the SRT (taken from the master output) of course that includes the mic. The mic is audible from the master output so the mic gets recorded.

I'd suggest using a small secondary mixer to add the mic into the audio chain AFTER the SRT - so SRT master output feeds a second mixer (stereo line in). The mic is also connected to the second mixer. Output of second mixer feeds speakers. When using the mic, duck the audio using the fader on the second mixer to avoid ducking being recorded from the SRT faders.

geposted Fri 30 Dec 22 @ 10:23 am