Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Copying a controller mapping to use with another setup
Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I have looked through tutorials and the manual and can not find this. I use a Xone 96 with X-link with multiple Xone K2's. I don't have many USB slots so can't just use USB and X-Link is better for setup in cramped booths.

My questtion is this, can I copy a mapping and place it in a custom mapping when I have my configuration plugged in? How do I do this?

I started to try to map it myself but each time I change the deck number that a control is supposed to affect, it changes all the controls to that deck number. FO instance if I map the low eq of deck 2 to a knob, later when I go and attempt to map a different nob to deck 1's low(or any control for that matter), it changes that already mapped control for the low of deck 2 to deck 1 also. Can't seem to figure this out.

geposted Sun 08 Jan 23 @ 4:44 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
the dials are usually defaulted to a deck in the definition [out of users reach unless you write your own]
eq_low

this will do the correct deck from the dial if the dial has a default deck
4 dials could share the same defined name and only need to be scripted once.

if you want something that isn't uniform across all decks your action will look like this

action_deck 1 ? eq_high : action_deck 2 ? eq_mid : action_deck 3 ? eq_low : action_deck 4 filter

geposted Sun 08 Jan 23 @ 5:03 pm
Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I'm not clear on what you mean. With me trying to map it manually, say I choose the left bottom knob and I program it to the the bass of channel 3, then I move over to the lower knob on the next channel to the right on the K2, and attempt to map it to the bass of channel 1, what happens is then both knobs with act on the bass in channel 1 on VDJ. That means it is switching the first pot I mapped to properly do bass of channel 3 to channel 1.

This is me attempting to do a clean mapping, and the controls are showing up as different controls in the mapping window(as they should) when I move them. It just doesn't seem to want to let me change the deck without changing all of them. Hope I'm describing this well.

geposted Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 12:48 am
Actually, the larger question seems to be now, Can I even map the K2 running through X Link on the Xone 96 at all?

geposted Mon 09 Jan 23 @ 4:02 am