Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Auto-zoom feature in skin ?
a quick question :
is it possible to add to the skin settings or as a vdj setting (in any skin) the auto-zoom feature ?
so when you type in the search box the skin goes to zoom mode & when you load the track it returns to normal ?

thank you

geposted Fri 20 Jan 23 @ 10:25 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
there is the setting
browserZoomAuto
that will bigger the browser if the skin has considered it, but that's just mouse over browser, for search only, you need to query
search ? bigger it : smaller it
you could do that in the skin, or with an rsi, but the skin needs to have considered browser_zoom, or some sort of variable that conditions a bigger browser.

geposted Fri 20 Jan 23 @ 10:49 pm
You don't need a skin edit. Copy the folow "repeat script" to an custom button and activate it.
Than the browser_zoom "on" with "search" and "off" with load a track. This is a cool thing. :)

repeat_start 'browserzoom' ? on & repeat_stop 'browserzoom' : repeat_start 'browserzoom' 100ms & 
( is_using 'load' 250ms ? browser_zoom off ) &
( search ? browser_zoom on )

geposted Sat 21 Jan 23 @ 8:03 am
It will not work on ANY skin though..
A skin must have the "browser_zoom" view skinned.
Some skins do, others don't.

PS: For skin authors it's preferable to use browser_isactive on their own code.
Like.. <panel name="BrowserZoom" visible="browser_isactive ? on : browser_zoom"/>

geposted Sat 21 Jan 23 @ 11:43 am
DennYo Beats wrote :
You don't need a skin edit. Copy the folow "repeat script" to an custom button and activate it.
Than the browser_zoom "on" with "search" and "off" with load a track. This is a cool thing. :)

repeat_start 'browserzoom' ? on & repeat_stop 'browserzoom' : repeat_start 'browserzoom' 100ms & 
( is_using 'load' 250ms ? browser_zoom off ) &

yes that works in your skin, but i see a little issue :
i search a track and load it to the 1st deck. All ok the zoomed browser goes back to normal but when i search for another song and load it to the 2nd deck the auto zoomed browser stays like this and does not revert back to normal.

is there something missing ?

geposted Sun 22 Jan 23 @ 10:34 am
check this:

(deck all is_using 'load' 250ms ? browser_zoom off ) &

geposted Sun 22 Jan 23 @ 11:00 am
yes !!!
that works great !

thanks a lot !

geposted Sun 22 Jan 23 @ 11:03 am
after trying it on a gig today, it still does not work perfectly.
Some times it gets stuck on the zoom browser (even when loading a track on the deck) & i have to press the full screen browser button on the skin to go back to normal skin condition.

could you possibly add this featura as a setting in your next update ?

thanks a lot

geposted Sun 22 Jan 23 @ 8:38 pm
I don't like to say that. But I do not know how.

geposted Sun 22 Jan 23 @ 11:33 pm
Dennyo, download GTS-2K21 skin and take a look around line 7381 of the XML

In that skin, the automatic switch is optional (by turning on "Browzer Zoom Link" option on skin menu)
However the code is actually simple (and I allready gave it above)
When you're searching something, "browser_isactive" returns true.
Also it timeouts after 20 seconds or so. And finally it works with controllers.
Yes, it turns zoom on on other occassions as well (like when scrolling the browser) but I think it's a good compromise.

geposted Mon 23 Jan 23 @ 12:08 pm
the co-operation in this forum regarding our amazing software is INCREDIBLE !!

others would only dream of this...

geposted Mon 23 Jan 23 @ 12:15 pm
browser_isactive is for me not the best option. But I can integrate this in my skin. When you use search and mouse its very bad. The "on" time of browser_isactive is 6 Seconds. This is to short for searching a result. you must always move the browse encoder.

GTS-2K21 is a great skin. the skin inspired me a lot :)

geposted Mon 23 Jan 23 @ 4:03 pm